Sometimes it’s nice to skip the ticket line and stroll into an attraction for free.
The Museums On Us program offers free entry the first weekend of each month at participating museums, including several in South Florida, with eligible Bank of America or Merrill Lynch accounts. It’s a good idea to phone ahead, especially on a holiday weekend, to be sure the museum is open and participating in the program the day you want to go.
The free access requires an appropriate credit or debit card.
Participating museums in Broward are:
- Fort Lauderdale Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale
- NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale in Fort Lauderdale
Participating museum in Palm Beach is:
- South Florida Science Center and Acquarium in West Palm Beach
Participating museums in Miami-Dade are:
- Museum of Art Miami
- Miami Children’s Museum
- Miami Science Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami
- Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach
It’s a good idea to phone a particular museum to be sure they are participating the day you intend to go to make sure it is still participating in the program.