Every time I go to the movies, it seems as if the price has gone up again. These days, I can get an entire month of Netflix for less than the price of a movie.
But real movie lovers know that there is nothing like seeing a film on the big screen and sharing the experience with other movie lovers.
Matinees are still cheaper than evening shows, but most matinees in South Florida run $7.50 to $9, a discount of a few dollars. Seniors (usually 62-plus) and students pay less. The major chains have loyalty cards, which offer discounts. Discounts are sometimes available from companies that buy tickets in bulk. Regal Cinemas has a weekly concession coupon on its Facebook page.
We did a little research and found a few places where adults can see movies on the cheap. At some theaters, Imax and 3-D shows incur an additional charge over the discount price. Note: Prices tend to fluctuate, so it’s a good idea to phone first to be sure these offers are valid before you venture out.
Here are the best movie deals for adults:
- AMC Coral Ridge 10 in Fort Lauderdale: All shows are $5 Mondays through Thursdays as part of AMC’s Weekday Escape deal.
- Plantation Crossroads: $6.50 for evening shows ($6 on Tuesdays) and $4.50 for matinees.
- Sunrise 11, Gateway in Fort Lauderdale, Las Olas Riverfront, Deerfield Mall, Mizner Park in Boca Raton: All tickets are $6 on Tuesdays ($5 with loyalty card).
- Cinemark Paradise 24 in Davie: The first matinee of the day is $7.
- Tamarac 5, 10036 W McNab Rd.: Movies are $4 for adults and $2 on Tuesday.
Find the latest Broward movie deals and free movies here.
- AMC Aventura: Tickets for any show before noon are $6.50.