Decorated boats steal the show in South Florida this weekend with Winterfest Boat Parade in Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach Boat Parade in North Broward.
The dazzling and popular Winterfest Boat Parade in Fort Lauderdale is a free event, or pay for tickets to grandstand seating area with entertainment, vendors and activities.
The parade is December 10 at 6:30 p.m. with boats trekking east on the New River in Fort Lauderdale and north along the Intracoastal Waterway about 12 miles to Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach.
Tickets for Grandstand seats are sold online and at the Winterfest Office 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., most weekdays, 512 N.E. Third Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, 954-767-0686 The regular price for adult tickets is $25. Tickets for kids 10 and younger are $20.
- Tickets are $22 for military and seniors age 65 and older
- Groups of at least 20 people, $20 each
- Participating Publix stores are offering coupons for $5 off the regular price adult tickets, while supplies last. To locate a participating Publix in your neighborhood, phone the Winterfest office, 954-676-0686
Entry is free for boats participating in Greater Pompano Beach Holiday Boat Parade, and watching the event is also free.
The parade is 6:30 p.m. December 11 along the Intracoastal Waterway from Lake Santa Barbara, which is south of Atlantic Boulevard in Pompano Beach, to about the Hillsboro Inlet bridge in Deerfield Beach.
Spectators may watch along the route at restaurants and parks, including
- Harbor’s Edge Park, 1240 NE 28th Ave., Pompano Beach
- Alsdorf Park, 2974 NE 14th St., Pompano Beach
Information and registration is online or 954-941-2940