Lace up your walking shoes. Broward Parks Department offers free tours at different natural areas in north Broward.
For information and to verify the walk is on the day you’re interested in, phone Quiet Waters Park at 954-357-5100
The tours include:
- 10 a.m. most Thursdays Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road., Deerfield Beach
- 10 a.m. most first and fourth Fridays of the month Highlands Scrub Natural Area, 4050 N. Dixie Highway, Pompano Beach
- noon most third Wednesdays of the month West Creek Pineland Natural Area, 4900 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Coconut Creek
- 10 a.m. most second Fridays of the month, Crystal Lake Sand Pine Scrub, 3299 N.E. Third Ave., Pompano Beach
- 10 a.m. most third Fridays of the month Military Trail Natural Area, 4600 N.W. Ninth Ave./Military Trail, Deerfield BeachThe tours are about an hour. Participants should wear comfortable shoes and supply their own drinking water and sunscreen. For information or to register, phone Quiet Waters Park, 954-357-5100