A voucher for the deal is available on Ace Hardware’s Facebook site.
If you “like the page,” the deal is featured by pressing the the “Tips, Savings & More” tab.
The offer is available to July 31.
The coupon is redeemable for a free key with purchase of a single-cut key.
It’s time for another contest!
We have several copies of the DVD of Season 1 of the NBC TV series “Parenthood” to give away. This DVD was just released today, Aug. 31.
Here’s the description of the show:
Parenthood introduces us to the very large, very colorful and imperfect Braverman family. Single mother Sarah and her two children Amber and Drew moving back home with her parents Zeek and Camille. Sarah’s sister and complete antithesis, Julia, is a successful corporate attorney trying to juggle work and motherhood, alongside her stay-at-home husband, Joel. Executive producers are Ron Howard and Ron Grazer.
To enter our contest, we’re looking for a cheap tip in one of these categories:
- Best cheap date
- Best cheap happy hour
- Best cheap place to take your kid
- Best cheap hotel
- Best cheap eats
- Best thrift shop
- Best cheap fun
- Or, come up with your own “best cheap” tip in a category we haven’t thought of.
Your “best cheap” thing must be in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach or Monroe county.
Here are the rest of the rules:
- To enter, subscribe to our daily feed from Miami FL on the Cheap, Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap or Palm Beach on the Cheap and send an email with your full name and snail mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re already a subscriber, just send us an email with your full name and snail mail address. Be sure to provide the email address under which you subscribed. ENTRIES WITHOUT SNAIL MAIL ADDRESSES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Put DVD CONTEST in the subject line.
- Deadline to enter is midnight Eastern time Wednesday, Sept. 8.
- Contestants must be 13 or older.
- One entry per person.
- Winners must be residents of South Florida.
- The winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
In celebration of National Parks Week, entry to all 392 U.S. national parks will be free April 17-25. The deal includes Everglades National Park and Dry Tortugas National Park, off Key West. Some park concessionaires also are offering special deals.
The National Park Service also reminds us that admission to many of our national parks, including Biscayne National Park in Miami, is always free.
National Parks Week is one of three annual events that include free national park admission. Admission fees also are waived on Public Lands Day, which will be Sept. 25 this year, and Veterans Day, which is Nov. 11.
Photo of Everglades National Park by the National Park Service.
At midnight tonight, Saturday, March 21, the long-awaited Twilight DVD will be released, giving those who love Edward and Bella’s love story a chance to watch the vampire film over and over.
Who’s got the best deal on the DVD? It may depend on what you’re looking for.
Several sources say the Target package – a 3-disc deluxe edition plus a free download of the film on iTunes — is the best deal, at $17.99.
The set includes the 2-Disc Special Edition plus an exclusive bonus disc with more than 45 minutes of never-before-seen content, including the an iTunes download of the film. The bonus content included a conversation with Stephenie Meyer, Robert Pattinson on “Becoming Edward,” Kristen Stewart on “Becoming Bella,” Catherine Hardwicke’s vampire kiss montage, Bella’s lullaby remix music video and Edward’s piano concert.
Target doesn’t appear to be having any midnight release parties in South Florida, but you can order online or get the disk in the store starting March 21.