Enjoy Halloween festivities even if you’re sticking to a budget.
Plenty of parks and other venues in Broward are offering activities and entertainment. Many are free or inexpensive.
Here are some of the events, including a few Thursday and Friday.
- Hollywood — ArtsPark Boo Bash in Hollywood Friday October 28 7 p.m. Includes trick-or-treating and costume parade. Free at ArtsPark on Hollywood Boulevard at US 1, 954-921-3500
- Hallandale Beach — Hallandale Beach Outhouse Festival, Bluesten Park, 501 SE First Ave., Hallandale Beach, Monday October 31, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Free event includes music, games and bounce houses. Costume contest is at 7 p.m., 954-457-1452
- Pompano Beach — Halloween Fun Fair Thursday October 27 6 p.m. at the Pompano Beach Amphitheater, 1801 NE Sixth St. Includes kids activities, costume parade, bounce houses, games, refreshments, antique fire truck, contest for carved and decorated pumpkins submitted by 6:30 and magic show at 6:45 p.m. Entry is $2 per youngster, or two canned food items for a soup kitchen, 954-786-4111
- Deerfield Beach — Family Halloween Hoe-Down October 27 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., includes games, activities, costume constest, carving contest. Fee for some activities, Villages of Hillsboro Park, 4111 NW Sixth St., Deerfield , 954-480-4495
- Deerfield Beach — Halloween Festivities at Westside Park, 445 SW Second St. Includes games and a constume constest. October 31 6 p.m. to 8 p.m, 954-480-4481, free
- Fort Lauderdale — Halloween Dance event with games, music and crafts for kids ages 5 to 12, October 28, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Bass Park, 2750 N.W. 19th St., Fort Lauderdale, free, 954-828-5363
- Fort Lauderdale — Trick-or-Treat Party, October 29, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Riverland Park, 950 S.W. 27th Ave. Free, 954-321-1234
- Fort Lauderdale — Croissant Park Neighborhood Halloween Party, October 29 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Croissant Park, 245 West Park Drive, Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale — Trick-Or-Treat on Second Street and Kid and Pet Parade, October 29 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Esplanade Park, 400 SW Second St., Fort Lauderdale, Includes bounce houses and face painting. Parade is at 4 p.m.