Saving money at the box office can be as tricky as a suspense thriller…or full of laughs like a comedy. However, here are 8 ways you can be a superstar saver at the box office. Even those who must see a film on opening weekend can still save a few bucks. The key is to plan ahead and be flexible. You should never pay full-price at the box office or concession stand, so we’re sharing our money-saving tricks with you. Here are our tips for blockbuster savings at Regal Cinemas:
- Regal Crown Club. As a member, with every purchase, earn points toward FREE tickets, popcorn and soda, as well as movie merchandise. Plus, members get 25% off candy every Monday and 50% off popcorn every Tuesday. Membership is FREE.
- Download the Regal app for a monthly digital coupon good for a combo discount.
- Value Days. This discount is a definite blockbuster because it includes new releases — a rarity with most box office promos. The discount and day(s) vary by market, with ticket prices as low as $5. In many cases, it’s the lowest ticket price offered by the chain.
- Value Days Concession Specials. The discount doesn’t just stop at the box office on Value Days. Many participating locations also offer discounted concession items, including $2 hot dogs and $3 nachos.
- Free Large Refills. Regal Cinemas offers a FREE refill (during the same visit) on a large popcorn. It’s a smart move for budget-conscious families or friends. Why pay for two or three small popcorns, when you can share one for less money? The offer also includes a FREE refill on large sodas, but sharing is bit more complicated.
- AARP Special. It pays to be older at Regal Cinemas. AARP members can save $3 on a small drink and small popcorn combo — around 25% off. Just flash your AARP membership card at the concession stand.
- Matinee Discounts. If you didn’t already know, matinee showtimes (usually before 5 p.m.) are always cheaper than evening shows — usually by $2 or $3. Plus, as an added bonus, there are fewer patrons, so it can be a much more quiet, relaxing experience.
- Senior/Student/Military Discounts. These are not the best discounts, but, if there aren’t better savings available, you can always rely on these good ol’ stand-bys. The discounted tickets are usually just a buck or two off regular prices. (Restrictions may apply.) Of course, a proper ID is required for any of the discounts.
Now, you’re ready to write the script on how to save money at the movies — just remember to combine deals for superstar savings. For example, check out a flick on a Tuesday afternoon for matinee pricing. Of course, swipe your Regal Crown Club at the box office and also get 50% off any popcorn. It’s even better because both transactions will earn points toward freebies.
Regal in Browad include
- Regal Broward Stadium 12 & RPX. 8000 West Broward Blvd. Plantation
- Regal Sawgrass Stadium 23 & IMAX, 2600 NW 136th Ave., Sunrise
- Regal Oakwood Stadium 18, 800 Oakwood Blvd., Hollywood
- Regal Westfork Stadium 13, 15977 W. Pines Boulevard. Pembroke Pines
- Regal Cypress Creek Station Stadium 16, 6415 North Andrews Avenue Fort Lauderdale
- Regal Magnolia Place Stadium 16, 9645 Westview Drive, Coral Springs