Get ready to “Embrace the Art of Life.”
The City of Pembroke Pines is buzzing with preparations for the 23rd Annual Artfest in the Pines!
The longstanding art and culture powerhouse, sponsored by Baptist Health South Florida, is back with a new month to call its own. You can expect the immersive experience of years past, now interwoven with hints of pumpkin spice, gift giving, and spending time with loved ones. Starting this year, #Artfest will be held the first weekend in November, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day.
We invite you to join us November 6-7 at the Charles F. Dodge City Center, 601 City Center Way, as we welcome back the weekend-long event. Patrons and participants alike can expect eclectic and talented artists, fun-filled entertainment, family-friendly activities and much more!
We’d like to extend our congratulations to our Festival Poster Winner, Ana Aguerrevere. In addition to being a resident artist at Studio 18 in the Pines, Ana boats an impressive resume that spans 30 years of academic and practical experience. Knowing this, it’s no surprise that her winning piece, “Marbles,” was a standout entry in the 16th Annual Art Competition. “Marbles” will adorn the cover of our annual festival booklet, the official one-stop guide to all things Artfest. See Ana at the festival, or connect with her via our social media or her website
As we journey toward the festival, we encourage you to monitor our social channels for early-access to our artists, entertainers, and events:
- Artfest Event Page: www.ppines.com/artfest
- Artfest Instagram: www.instagram.com/artfestpines
- City of Pembroke Pines Official Instagram: www.instagram.com/cityofppines
- City of Pembroke Pines Official Facebook: www.facebook.com/cityofpembrokepines
There is no admission fee or registration required for Artfest, patrons of all ages are welcome, and accessible-parking is available.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
The City of Pembroke Pines is actively seeking applications for the 23rd Annual Artfest in the Pines. The two-day art and cultural blowout is searching for talented artists and crafts-people to join the ranks of longstanding participants. Interested parties are encouraged to apply via Zapp by searching ‘Artfest in the Pines’ or by visiting www.ppines.com/artfest.
Our medium categories are as follows:
- Craft (NEW)
- Mixed Media
- Digital Art
- Painting (watercolor, oil, acrylic)
- Fine Handcrafts
- Three-Dimensional Sculpture
In addition to the individual medium categories, artists will be judged for the Best in Show and Best in Category competition, with the opportunity to win upwards to $4,850 in cash prizes! As an added bonus, these winners are automatically invited to participate in next year’s festival, no jury required.
- Baptist Health: Official Event Sponsor
- Boyd-Panciera Family Funeral Care: Workshop Sponsor
- Calvin, Giordano & Assoc.: Kids’ Art & Game Zone Sponsor
- Goldin Solar: Friend of the Arts Sponsor
- Pembroke Gardens: Student Art Competition Sponsor
- Synalovski & Assoc.: Main Stage Sponsor
- Tropical Financial: Friend of the Arts Sponsor
- Waste Pro: Awards Dinner Sponsor