Broward County offers a variety of unique, quirky and interesting venues that provide enticing, shopping excursions. It’s an excellent opportunity to support local vendors and a way to find gifts, clothing and decor items you might not find at chain stores. You can also find unique items at South Florida farmers’ markets and vendor fairs, plus at art walks in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties.
Here are some of Broward County’s unusual shopping venues:
- ArtServe gift shop features art and other handcrafted pieces from South Florida artists & artisans, 1350 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 954-462-8190
- SistrunKollective co-op boutique featuring items from local artisans & entrepreneurs, in Sistrunk Marketplace, 115 NW 6th Street, Fort Lauderdale, website. Description from website: “SistrunKollective is a retail boutique which offers rentable display space for local artisans and vendors. Typical products may include but are not limited to clothing, jewelry, art, candles, soaps/beauty products, sunglasses, wall or shelf art/photography, hats, handbags, fudge/chocolates/candies, aromatherapy, and small gift items.”
- MODS Explore Store @ MODS museum in Fort Lauderdale, 401 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale 33312, includes toys, science kits & decorative items, website.
- Bonnet House gift shop, 900 N. Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale, 954-563-5393, includes decor items, sunglasses, purses, jewelry, & other items, website
- Uniquely Palm Beach Store features jewelry, handbags and other delightful items produced by local artists Uniquely Palm Beach is int Cultural Council For Palm Beach County, 601 Lake Avenue, Lake Worth Beach, 561-471-2901, website
- Swap Shop flea market with variety of vendors indoors & outdoors, 3291 W. Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale 33311, 954-791-7927, information online
- Flamingo Gardens gift shop, includes peacock, flamingo & other nature & animal decorative & fun items, old-fashioned candy, 3750 S. Flamingo Road, Davie 33330, 954-473-2955, website
- Yellow Green market, indoor venue with wide variety of vendors offering food items, jewelry & home decor, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, 3080 Sheridan St., Hollywood 33021, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, 954-513-3990, Yellow Green Market, free parking & paid parking
- Festival Marketplace indoor open-air venue in Pompano with about 250 vendors and restaurants, 2900 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach 33073
- Farmers Markets, Green Markets & Flea markets in Broward, many offer entertainment, fitness & other fun
- Turtle Oversight Protection, South Florida non-profit organization rescuing hatchlings from light pollution, offers an online shop with an emphasis on eco-friendly products and eco-responsible suppliers, includes shirts, decor & art, website
More Craft Fairs and Vendor Markets in South Florida
(Note: You can add your craft fairs, vendor markets and holiday bazaars to this list. Click on “Add Event.”)