Some of your favorite places to shop in South Florida offer enticing attractions, exhibits and entertainment.
A few are free. Fees apply for others. Usually parking is free.
Art of Illusions @ Sawgrass in Sunrise
Venue features 3D images, where spectators are able to snap fun photos & selfies, $25 entry, $16 for ages 4 – 12, $20 for seniors.
Discount opportunity — $12 & $19 deals from Groupon, link for deal, extra discounts may apply
In Sawgrass Mills, 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., Sunrise 33323, 954-314-8414, website
Young At Art NOW Gallery in Plantation
Young At Art is open 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Sundays – Thursdays & 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Fridays & Saturdays
Westfield Broward is at 8000 W. Broward Boulevard, Plantation 33388
The entry fee is $8 for kids and adults. Entry is free for Young At Art members.
Description of the attraction from a representative: “The exhibit features one-of-a-kind interactive exhibits and programming by South Florida based artists. The gallery also features photo op “changing” rooms, state-of-the-art installations, coupled with YAA members’ favorite exhibitions from the past.”
Venue is around LensCrafters, at Westfield Broward’s northwest entrance,
Island Space Caribbean Museum
Description from representatives: “The Island SPACE Caribbean Museum pop-up will tell the story of the Caribbean from indigenous people, the colonial period, emancipation, to independence when the islands developed their own cultures. The museum will feature sections and displays featuring arts and entertainment such as rumba, reggaeton, calypso, soca, TV, literature, and sports. Additional sections will explore notable expatriates and people of Caribbean heritage Located at the northeast main entrance of Westfield Broward.”
- outside entrance @ next to main mall northeast entrance with fountain
- Westfield Broward, 8000 W. Broward Boulevard, Plantation 33388
- $10 for adults, $5 for ages 12 & younger
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays & 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Sundays
In The Game
In The Game features arcade, virtual reality fun, Escape Room & other activities. Deals are offered different days. Sawgrass in Sunrise, 2608 Sawgrass Mills Circle, Sunrise 33323, 954-845-8740, read feature
Swap Shop with flea market includes drive-in theater & Ferrari museum, 3291 W. Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale 33311, 954-791-7927, information online
Arcade is not open until further notice. Entry is free for Ferrari museum.
- Women’s History Photo Exhibit, display of Photos of Florida women impacting history then and now. On display in March. Features 40 photos at Galleria mall, 2414 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale 33304, free entry during regular mall hours, display is around the Altar’d State shop, website
- Vintage Fair, painting lessons, & other events at Festival Marketplace in Pompano, read feature
Read Other Features