Events that offer Broward residents free paper shredding and rewards for turning in old prescription drugs are offered by the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
The Shred-A-Thon events are intended to avoid identity theft by shredding personal papers with financial and other private information. The events also accept old unused prescription medications for safe disposal. In fact, they offer incentives for turning in prescriptions.
The reward is a $5 gift card, one per family while supplies last.
The shredding allows up to five boxes per vehicle, within specific size guidelines. Events include 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. select days, including
- January 20, Pembroke Pines City Center, 601 S.W. City Center Blvd., Pembroke Pines
- February 10, Oakland Park City Hall, 3650 N.E. 12th Avenue, Oakland Park
- March 24, Festival Marketplace, 2900 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach
- April 14, Tamarac King’s Point, 7620 Nob Hill Road
- May 19, Weston District Office, 17300 Royal Palm Blvd., Weston
- June 16 North Lauderdale District Office, 701 SW 71 Ave., North Lauderdale
For information, phone 954-831-8902 or log onto the website.
Another post you might like, BSO offers Transaction Zones as safer place to meet for online deals.
- July 4300 NW 36th St., Lauderdale Lakes
- AugustParkland District Office, 6650 N. University Drive, Parkland
- September Pembroke Pines, 601 SW City Center Way, Pembroke Pines
Pompano Beach, FL 33073
Pembroke Pines City Center