Events that offer Broward residents free paper shredding and rewards for turning in old prescription drugs are offered by the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
The Shred-A-Thon events are intended to avoid identity theft by shredding personal papers with financial and other private information. The events also accept old unused prescription medications for safe disposal. In fact, they offer incentives for turning in prescriptions.
The reward is a $5 gift card, one per family while supplies last.
The shredding allows up to five boxes per vehicle, within specific size guidelines. Events include 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. select days, including
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. October 13, Weston District Office, 17300 Royal Palm Blvd., Weston
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. November 10, Cooper City District Office, 10580 Stirling Road., Cooper City
For information, phone 954-831-8902 or log onto the website.
Another post you might enjoy, BSO offers Transaction Zones as safer place to meet for online deals.
- 4300 NW 36th St., Lauderdale Lakes
- Parkland District Office, 6650 N. University Drive, Parkland
- September Pembroke Pines, 601 SW City Center Way, Pembroke Pines
- Pembroke Pines City Center, 601 S.W. City Center Blvd., Pembroke Pines
- Oakland Park City Hall, 3650 N.E. 12th Avenue, Oakland Park
- Festival Marketplace, 2900 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach
- Bass Pro Shops, 200 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach
- Tamarac King’s Point, 7620 Nob Hill Road, Tamarac
- Hallandale Beach City Hall during Greenfest, 400 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach
- Weston District Office, 17300 Royal Palm Blvd., Weston