If you and your pals like to ponder such intriguing facts as the number of toes on a sloth while sipping beer or nibbling on appetizers, several restaurants and bars in Broward offer trivia night events.
Play alone or round up friends and form a team. Most trivia night events are free to play while patronizing the establishment, and offer an extra element of fun to an evening out. Opportunities to win prizes are a bonus incentive. You might score free beer, a discount off the tab or a gift voucher.
Some events feature trivia questions on a random array of topics. Occasionally, games revolve around a theme.
With regular events, it’s wise to phone ahead to be sure the trivia event is on the night you want to play. Schedules are sometimes revised.
- Funky Buddha Brewery 7:30 p.m. Mondays, 1201 N.E. 38th St. Oakland Park, 33334, 954-440-0046
- World of Beer 7 p.m. Mondays, 4437 Lyons Road, Coconut Creek 33073, 954-984-0300
- JT’s Sports Bar, 7 p.m. Mondays, 10466 Taft St., Pembroke Pines, 954-441-3833
- The Pub Pembroke Pines 7:30 p.m. Mondays, 237 SW 145th Terrace, Pembroke Pines 33027, 954-430-4230
- Festival Marketplace 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays. Food court, 2900 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach 33073, 954-979-4555
- The Brass Tap in Fort Lauderdale, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, 551 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, 754-200-8648
- Brass Tap in Pembroke Pines, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, 624 SW 145th Terrace, Pembroke Pines 33027, 954-367-6930
- Ye Olde Falcon Pub 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, 2867 S. University Drive, Davie 33328, 954-424-0300
- Duffy’s in Plantation 9 p.m. Tuesdays, 811 S. University Drive, Plantation 33324, 954-473-0477
- World of Beer 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, 1387 S. University Drive, Plantation, 954-382-1897
- Smarty Pants 6 p.m. Tuesdays, 2400 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 954-561-1724
- Slackers, 8 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays, 995 W. State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale 33315, 954-530-4758
- Kingshead Pub in Pompano Beach, 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, 900 E. Atlantic Blvd, Pompano Beach 33060, 754-222-8671
- Bru’s Room Pembroke Pines, 8 p.m. Wednesdays, 10060 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines 33024, 954-239-4550
- LauderAle 7 p.m. Wednesdays, 3305 SE 14th Ave., Fort Lauderdale 33316, 954-653-9711
- Packy’s Sports Pub 7 p.m. Wednesdays, 4480 N. Federal Highway, Lighthouse Point 33064, 954-657-8423
- Bru’s Room Coral Springs 8 p.m. Wednesdays, 1000 N. University Drive, Coral Springs 33071, 954-656-8041
- Mellow Mushroom 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. Thursdays 525 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale 33301, 954-712-9527
- Slackers 8 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays, 995 W. State Road 84, Fort Lauderdale 33315, 954-530-4758