COVID vaccines are now available for all Broward residents 16 and older, and people want to know where they can get a COVID vaccine. The vaccine is free for all to receive. Teens 16 and 17 can receive only the Pfizer vaccine, and most sites require a parent or guardian to be present. They will also need this consent form at state sites.
Most sites don’t open appointments far in advance, and it has become much easier to get a COVID vaccine appointment in Broward. There are a number of walk-in sites open every day, no appointments required, and community vaccine clinics. The Florida Department of Health is no longer requiring appointments to get a vaccine at its sites (mostly drive-throughs at county parks).
This is your guide to finding a COVID vaccine in Broward County and throughout South Florida. We update this guide when sites open or close or we get new information.
With all the major pharmacies offering vaccines, plus government and community sites, it is getting easier to find a vaccine in Broward County. Some sites don’t even require appointments.
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts, online resources, food distributions and other events in South Florida, sign up for the free Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap newsletter.
Where are COVID vaccines being given in Broward?
Stores and Retail Pharmacies
NOTE: The J&J vaccine has been temporarily paused. If you were scheduled to get that vaccine, you should call the pharmacy and see if they have another vaccine available or you need a new appointment elsewhere.
All pharmacies require appointments. These are the pharmacies providing COVID vaccines in South Florida. Click on the name to make an appointment online. Some pharmacies providing the Pfizer vaccine with vaccinate teens 16 and 17, but parents usually must be present. Pharmacies also are releasing appointments when they become available, rather than waiting for a scheduled time. Some stores may offer vaccines without appointments, if it isn’t busy.
- Walmart. Most Walmart stores with pharmacies are now participating, with Moderna, Pfizer
and J&Jvaccines being offered, depending on the store.
- Publix. All Broward and Miami-Dade Publix stores with pharmacies are participating. Publix will vaccinate people 18 and older and is using the Moderna vaccine.
- CVS. Vaccines are now available at many Broward stores, including CVS Pharmacy y más, and Navarro Discount Pharmacy. People without computer access can call CVS customer service at 1-800-746-7287.
- Walgreens. Vaccines are available in most Broward stores. You need to create an online account at Walgreens.com, then answer a series of questions before you find out which stores near you are giving the vaccine. Most are providing the Pfizer vaccine, but some have Moderna.
- Costco. Vaccines are available at most South Florida Costco stores. Vaccine option varies by store, with some offering
J&J and someModerna. You can make an appointment here.
- Sam’s Club. In South Florida, the vaccine is being offered in Sunrise.
- Winn-Dixie. The only participating Broward store is in Margate, 5600 W. Sample Road. Several stores in Miami-Dade, including one in Aventura, and a store in Lake Worth also are participating.
- Fresco y Mas. The vaccine is offered at two Miami-Dade stores: 18300 SW 137th Avenue in Miami 33177 and 5850 NW 183Rd Street in Hialeah 33015.
- Solera Specialty Pharmacy in Pompano Beach is offering the Moderna vaccine. Call 954-615-1840 during business hours for an appointment.
Benzer Pharmacy, 60 Ne 1st St., Pompano Beach, FL 33060, is offering the J&J vaccine. Call 954-943-3111 for an appointment. Merit Pharmacy, 2464 N State Rd 7, Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33313, is offering the J&J vaccine. Call 954-739-4666 for an appointment. Epic Care Pharmacy, 3948 Pembroke Rd, Pembroke Park, FL 33021, is offering the J&J vaccine. You can request a vaccine here. or call 954-963-2113. Ocean Chemist Pharmacy, 3535 Galt Ocean Dr, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308, is providing the J&J vaccine. Call 954-329-2690.
- PrescriptRx Pharmacy, 1523 E. Commercial Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, is providing the Moderna vaccine. Call 754-200-5913 for appointments April 13 and 15.
- Garden Drug, 4400 N. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 is offering the Moderna vaccine. Walk-ins welcome. Call 954-776-1521 for appointments or questions.
Additional independent pharmacies also are offering the vaccine. It is worth checking with any local pharmacy near your home.
This tool lets you see all the available pharmacy appointments at once (you can search by ZIP). But there is a chance some pharmacy openings are not updated.
Broward Health Department
Florida Department of Health in Broward is giving Pfizer vaccines at drive-through clinics in county parks. Parents of those under 18 will be required to accompany them to get the vaccine. They will also need this consent form at state sites. Appointments are no longer required at these sites. If you have an appointment, you can go any time.
You must bring a photo ID. You can register online and pick an appointment time or call for appointments: 866-201-6313 or 954-686-4273. If you are hearing-impaired, you can call 833-476-1526. These are the current sites (all are drive-through except the Coral Square Mall):
- Broward Coral Square Mall, 9469 West Atlantic Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33071. Open a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. This site will close permanently May 14.
- Broward Tradewinds Park, 3600 West Sample Road, Coconut Creek, FL 33073. Open 8 a.m. t 4 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- Broward Markham Park, 16001 West State Road 84, Sunrise, FL 33326. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
- Broward CBRP Vaccine Site, 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill, FL 33311. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Enter from State Road 84-U.S. 441.
- Broward Tree Tops Park, 3900 SW 100th Ave, Davie, FL 33328. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- Broward Snyder Park, 3299 SW 4th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- Pompano Citi Centre, 1955 N Federal Highway, Pompano Beach. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- T-Y Park, 3300 N Park Rd, Hollywood, FL 33021. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
You can see a list of the places where vaccines are being offered by the Health Department and get directions here.
Vaccines are being provided at Broward College in Coconut Creek with no appointment required. The address is 1000 Coconut Creek Boulevard, Coconut Creek, FL 33066. The clinic is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week, or until all vaccines have been given. The site is currently providing the Moderna vaccine. Enter on Coconut Creek Parkway. You can save time if you preregister here. Vaccine hotline for questions: 954-559-8321.
City vaccine programs and community outreach
The Atlantis Educational Center is joining with the Downtown Jewish Chabad Center to provide vaccines in Fort Lauderdale and Miami Gardens. The Moderna vaccine will be available to residents 18 and older. You can make an appointment here. These are the locations.
- Downtown Jewish Center Chabad, AKA Broward Boulevard Clinic, 900 E. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301.
- Atlantis Educational Center, 1111 Park Centre Boulevard Miami Gardens, FL 33179. This is a drive-through.
The City of Hollywood, in partnership with the health services company Curative, will offer the Pfizer vaccine from 8 a.m. to noon April 15-24 at Hollywood Beach Community Center, 1301 S. Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019. Appointments are required. You can make an appointment here.
Miramar is operating a walk-in vaccine clinic at Vizcaya Park, 14200 SW 55th St, Miramar, FL 33027. The site is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or whenever vaccines run out, seven days a week. This site is currently providing the Pfizer vaccine.
The City of Margate and the Northeast Focal Point Senior Center are coordinating vaccine appointments and transportation to vaccine sites for residents 60 and older. Residents can call the senior center Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 954-973-0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check with your city and surrounding cities for vaccine availability. Vaccine clinics also are being organized at senior communities and houses of worship.
These pop-up vans are offering vaccines, with no appointments required. The supply may run out early, and sometimes the entire event is moved or cancelled at the last minute. We share the ones we hear about, but caution that days, locations and hours are subject to change without notice. The vans will return to the same sties in 21 or 28 days for second vaccines.
Hospitals and medical practices
Hospitals are offering vaccines by appointment. Some private physicians and healthcare practices are now also offering the vaccine to patients.
Memorial Healthcare System is providing vaccines by appointment in Hollywood and Miramar. You can register online or call 954-276-4340 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Current Memorial patients can schedule appointments on the MyChart portal.
Cleveland Clinic Florida schedules vaccines when supplies are available for patients or previous patients with a MyChart account.
Sanitas Medical Centers are offering vaccines at multiple locations in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. You do not need to be a current patient. You can book an appointment here or call 1-844-515-1800.
Cano Health is administering the J&J vaccine to its patients in South Florida. Call 855-226-6633 for an appointment.
Holy Cross Health is administering vaccines to health-care personnel and Florida residents 16 and older (Pfizer or Modera vaccines, depending on supply, but under 18 can receive only Pfizer). You can fill out this form and bring it in person to 4701 N. Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, Building C, south of the hospital. There is a drop box if no one is there to take the form.
Jackson Health System is offering vaccines to people 16 and older. Those under 18 will need to bring a parent or guardian. Jackson is also providing vaccines to college students 18 and older, including international and out-of-state students, with student ID. Appointments are no longer required but are available; walk-ins are accepted until 2:45 p.m. Jackson is offering vaccinations at three locations:
- Christine E. Lynn Rehabilitation Center, 1611 NW 12th Ave., Miami
- North Dade Health Center, 16555 NW 25th Ave., Miami Gardens
- Jackson South Medical Center, 9333 SW 152nd St., Miami.
Niklaus Children’s Hospital is providing Pfizer vaccines to young adults ages 16 to 21. You can make an appointment online. Parents Patients who have reached 21 are only eligible if they are under the care of a pediatrician and submit this form. If you have questions, you can call 786-624-2782.
Medix Urgent Care Centers in Lauderhill and Hollywood are providing the Moderna vaccine. Call 954-589-1238 or 954-484-8444 for an appointment.
Federal vaccine centers
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has set up a mass vaccination site at Miami Dade College’s North Campus. The site is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (or until all the vaccines are gone) seven days a week. Appointments are available but not required. For appointments, you can register at the state site, or call 1-888-499-0840, 1-888-256-8918, or 1-833-540-2065. The address is Miami-Dade North Campus, 11380 NW 27th Ave., Miami, FL 33167. Starting April 20, the sites gives first and second doses of Pfizer.
Vaccination sites that don’t require appointments
These are the current walk-in sites where appointments are not required. Hours and vaccines are subject to change, and they close each day when they run out of vaccine.
- Broward College North Campus, 1000 Coconut Creek Boulevard, Coconut Creek, FL 33066. Open 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. seven days a week. Moderna.
- Vizcaya Park, 14200 SW 55th St, Miramar, FL 33027. The site is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week. Pfizer.
- Broward Coral Square Mall, 9469 West Atlantic Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33071. Open a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. This site will close permanently May 14. Pfizer.
- Broward Tradewinds Park, 3600 West Sample Road, Coconut Creek, FL 33073. Open 8 a.m. t 4 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Pfizer.
- Broward Markham Park, 16001 West State Road 84, Sunrise, FL 33326. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Pfizer.
- Broward CBRP Vaccine Site, 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill, FL 33311. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Enter from State Road 84-U.S. 441. Pfizer.
- Broward Tree Tops Park, 3900 SW 100th Ave, Davie, FL 33328. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Pfizer.
- Broward Snyder Park, 3299 SW 4th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Pfizer.
- Pompano Citi Centre, 1955 N Federal Highway, Pompano Beach. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Pfizer.
- T-Y Park, 3300 N Park Rd, Hollywood, FL 33021. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Pfizer.
- Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442. Open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Pfizer.
- Florida Memorial University, 15800 NW 42nd St., Miami Gardens, FL 33054. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Moderna.
- Miami-Dade College North Campus (FEMA), 11380 NW 27th Ave., Miami, FL 33167. Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week. First and second shots of Pfizer, effective Tuesday, April 20.
- Hard Rock Stadium, 347 Don Shula Dr, Miami Gardens, FL 33056. Open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. Pfizer.
- Bucky Dent Park, 2250 W 60th St, Hialeah, FL 33016. open at 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. seven days a week. Pfizer, first shots only.
- Babcock Park, 651 E Fourth Ave., Hialeah, FL 33010. Opens at 9 a.m. every day. Pfizer, first shots only.
- Helen Miller Center, 2331 NW 143rd St., Opa-locka, FL 33054. The site is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week. Pfizer.
- Overtown, in a parking lot at 1551 NW First Ave., Miami 33136. Open 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. seven days a week. Moderna.
- Oak Grove Park Community Center, 690 NE 159th St, Miami, FL 33162. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 7 days a week. Moderna.
Palm Beach County
- Pahokee High School, 900 Larrimore Rd, Pahokee, FL 33476. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Friday and Saturday. Pfizer.
The Veterans Administration is providing vaccines to all veterans, plus spouses (including common-law spouses) and caregivers. You can be vaccinated at the William “Bill” Kling VA Clinic, 9800 W Commercial Blvd, Sunrise FL 33351, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Vaccines are also being given at the VA in Miami, Homestead and Key West. You can walk in for a vaccine between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (Moderna) or Saturday (J&J). You also can make an appointment by calling 305-575-7000. Some homebound veterans can get a vaccine at home.
Vaccines for homebound seniors
Fire-rescue departments are vaccinating some homebound seniors. If you need to arrange vaccination for a homebound senior, email HomeboundVaccine@em.myflorida.com or call 866-779-6121.
Homebound veterans of the two world wars can request a vaccine at https://floridavets.org/homeboundveterans/ or call 850-487-1533, extension 9.
Which vaccines are being given?
So far, three vaccines have been approved for use in the United States, and both are being given in South Florida. Residents receive two doses of the same type of vaccine.
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine requires two doses, 21 days apart. Click on the link to learn more about how this vaccine works.
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine requires two doses, 28 days apart. Click on the link to learn more about how this vaccine works.
- Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. This vaccine requires only one dose. ON HOLD.
What proof of Florida residency is required to get a vaccine?
Vaccines are reserved for Florida residents, which includes seasonal residents. You do not need to be a legal permanent resident of the United States. To prove residency, you will need:
- A valid Florida driver license or a valid Florida identification card.
If you are a seasonal resident or don’t have a Florida driver’s license, you need a copy of two of these documents showing your residential address:
- Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from a parent, step-parent or legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides plus a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides.
- Utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration.
- Utility bill not more than two months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including bank or investment account statements, not more than two months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county or local government agency, not more than two months old.
Quick links to vaccination websites and phone numbers
Here are the links and phone number, if available for sites to schedule vaccine appointments. You can download a printable PDF of the links and phone numbers here.
- CVS (includes Navarro and CVS y mas): https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine. Phone: 1-800-746-7287.
- Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19. Phone: 1-800-925-4733
- Publix: https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida
- Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302/ . For a pop-up clinic at the Walmart in Lauderdale Lakes (3301 N. State Road 7, call 833-886-0023.
- Costco: https://www.costco.com/covid-vaccine.html
- Sam’s Club: https://www.samsclub.com/pharmacy/immunization?imzType=covid
- Winn-Dixie: https://www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
- Fresco Y Mas: https://www.frescoymas.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
- FEMA site at Miami-Dade College: https://www.floridadisaster.org/covid19/vaccine/ 1-888-499-0840, 1-888-256-8918, or 1-833-540-2065. Walk-up site, no appointment needed.
- Veterans Administration (Miami-Dade and Broward): https://www.miami.va.gov/services/covid-19-vaccines.asp. 305-575-7000.
- Veterans Administration (Palm Beach County): https://www.westpalmbeach.va.gov/services/covid-19-vaccines.asp. 561-422-5220
State, city and county sites
- Florida Department of Health: https://myvaccine.fl.gov/. 866-201-6313 or 954-686-4273 in Broward, 888-499-0840 in Miami-Dade.
- Miami-Dade County: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/vaccine/home.page. 305-614-2014
- Health Care District of Palm Beach County: http://vaccine.hcdpbc.org/. 561-804-4115
- City of Lauderhill: (65-plus, city residents only) lauderhill-fl.gov/covid-19. 954-730-3008
- Broward Health hospital system: https://www.browardhealth.org/pages/being-healthy-vaccine
- Holy Cross Hospital: https://www.holy-cross.com/covidvaccine?hcmacid=a0Z5G000009JPk3UAG
- Jackson Health System: https://jacksonhealth.org/keeping-you-safe/. 786-272-0970
- Memorial Healthcare System: https://www.mhs.net/patients-visitors/coronavirus-disease/covid-19-vaccination. 954-276-4340.
- Cleveland Clinic (patients only): https://my.clevelandclinic.org/landing/covid-19-vaccine/florida
- Baptist Health South Florida (patients only): https://baptisthealth.net/~/link.aspx?_id=1B38248DE004490DAE96406BB4B645DE&_z=z
- Mount Sinai Medical Center: https://www.msmc.com/coronavirus-update/
- Palms West Hospital: https://palmswesthospital.com/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine-information/. 561-345-7053
- Information and help getting an appointment from volunteers in the Facebook group South Florida COVID-19 Vaccination Info.
- COVID vaccines in Miami-Dade
- COVID vaccines in Palm Beach County
- Florida Health Department COVID portal
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vaccine information
Other Useful Resources
- Free Food-Distribution events
- Where to get COVID vaccines in Broward: UPDATED
- Register for free Broward Library e-card
- Free online employment resources & hiring fairs
- Dial 2-1-1: Free Broward helpline offers info on food, financial & other resources
- Deals for first responders & other front-line workers
- South Florida Farms Sell Produce To The Public
- ACA enrollment in Florida reopens for health insurance
- New way to promote businesses, restaurants and events
- Financial assistance & other resources for South Florida residents & entrepreneurs
Maps for Walk-in Sites (No Appointments Required)