Decorated boats steal the show in South Florida with Winterfest Boat Parade in Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach Boat Parade in North Broward.
The dazzling and popular Winterfest Boat Parade in Fort Lauderdale is a free event, or pay for tickets to reserved grandstand seating area with entertainment, vendors and activities. Discount opportunities are offered.
The parade is December 9 at 6:30 p.m. with boats trekking east on the New River in Fort Lauderdale and north along the Intracoastal Waterway about 12 miles to Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach.
The Winterfest website features suggestions of locations and venues to watch the parade along the route. It’s also on TV and streamed live.
Tickets for Grandstand seats are sold online or order by phone from Winterfest Office 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., most weekdays, 512 N.E. Third Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, 954-767-0686. Tickets also are sold at Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood and Crown liquor locations in South Florida.
The regular price for adult tickets is $25. Tickets for kids 10 and younger are $20.
- Tickets are $22 for military and seniors age 65 and older
- Groups of at least 20 people, $20 each
- Participating Sprint stores are offering coupon code for $5 off the regular price of adult tickets, while supplies last.
Sprint locations include
- 2050 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach 33062
- 3796 W. Hillsoboro Boulevard, Deerfield Beach 33442
- 167 S. Pompano Parkway, Pompano Beach 33069
- 2912 N. University Drive, Coral Springs 33065
- 5511 Wiles Road, Coconut Creek 33073
- 801 S. University Drive, Plantation 33324
- 12150 W. Sunrise Blvd., Plantation 33323
- 1539 E. Commercial Blvd., Fort Lauderdale 33334
- 1617 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 33304
- 2102 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park 33306
- 8171 W. Sunrise Blvd., Plantation 33322
- 1300 SE 17th St., Fort Lauderdale 33316
- 3939 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale 33312
- 5411 N. University Drive, Lauderhill 33351
- 17800 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach 33160
- 2975 SW 160th Ave., Miramar 33027
- 12206 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines 33026
- 616 N. University Drive, Pembroke Pines 33024
- 20633 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura 33180
- 6609 Taft St., Hollywood 33024
- 1780 Stirling Road, Dania Beach 33004
Entry is free for boats participating in Greater Pompano Beach Holiday Boat Parade, and watching the event is also free.
The parade is 6:30 p.m. December 10 along the Intracoastal Waterway from Lake Santa Barbara, which is south of Atlantic Boulevard in Pompano Beach, to about Hillsboro Inlet bridge in Deerfield Beach.
Spectators may watch along the route at restaurants and parks, including
- Harbor’s Edge Park, 1240 NE 28th Ave., Pompano Beach
- Alsdorf Park, 2974 NE 14th St., Pompano Beach
Information and registration is online or 954-941-2940
- Festivals in Broward, some free
- Holiday events in Broward, lots are free
- Free things to do & deals this weekend in Broward