Fun outdoor spring and Easter events are offered at local parks and other venues in Broward.
Most of the events are free or relatively inexpensive. Some include egg hunts, entertainment, activities and photo ops with the Easter Bunny or Spring Bunny.
We’ll be adding other events & deals.
- Springfest in Tamarac. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. March 24. Includes egg hunt 10 a.m. for ages 10 and younger. Bounce houses, games, car seat demonstrations. Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77th St., Tamarac, 954-597-3674
- Spring Marshmallow Drop in Hollywood, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. March 24, ages 3 to 12, includes egg hunt and marshmallows dropped form a helicopter, bounce house & Easter Bunny, Boulevard Heights Community Center, 6770 Garfield St., Hollywood 33024, 954-921-3404, free
- Margate Springtime Egg Hunt 9 a.m. March 24. egg hunt for 8 and younger, Photo ops with Peter Rabbit. Margate Sports Complex, 1695 Banks Road, Margate 33063, free
- Easter festivities at Hoffman’s Chocolates and Lime Fresh Mexican Grill in The Fountains in Plantation, noon to 4 p.m. March 24, includes photos with Easter Bunny, face painter, balloon twister & activities. First 400 youngsters receive Easter egg. 801 S. University Drive, Plantation 33324, free
- Fee & Pre-registration required. Eggcitement at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. March 24. Includes face painting, photo op with Peter Cottontail, splash time at waterpark, egg hunts & other fun. Pre-registration required, 954-357-5100, Fee is $6 per youngster age 1 and older. Weekend entry fee to park is extra, $1.50 per person for ages 6 and older.
- $5 fee for this event, Royal Egg Hunt 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 25, Sunrise Athletic Complex, 11501 NW 44th Street, Sunrise 33351. Kids are encouraged to dress up as their favorite princesses or princes. egg hunts by age are 10:30 a.m. toddlers to 3, 11 a.m. 4 to 6, 11:30 a.m. 7 to 9, 11:45 a.m. 10 to 12. Includes face painting, rides and selfies with King Bunny. 954-747-4600, $5 per participant
- Deerfield Beach flashlight Easter Egg hunts for kids and adults, pre-registration and wristband required, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. March 29 at Constitution Park, 2841 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach 33441, 954-480-4494, events are different times for different ages. Free for residents, $2 for non-residents
- Deerfield Beach, Egg-stravaganza, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 30 , outdoor fun, egg hunts for kids, Easter Bunny. Recreational complex, 445 SW 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach 33441, 954-480-4481, free entry
- Hallandale Beach, Eggstravaganza, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. March 31, egg hunt for ages 12 and younger 10 a.m. Mr. Flop.E Ears, park at 1000 NW 8th Avenue, Hallandale Beach 33009, 954-457-1452, free
- Pembroke Pines, Egg Hunt 10 a.m. March 31, Pembroke Shores Park, 501 SW 172nd Ave., Pembroke Pines 33026, 954-392-2116, Peter Rabbit, art projects. First 500 youngsters receive bunny ears. Free
- Pembroke Pines Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. March 31, Pines Recreation Center, 7400 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines 33026, 954-392-2116. Peter Rabbit, art projects. First 500 youngsters receive bunny ears. Free
- Pompano Beach Photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 31, Pompano Citi Centre, free photo opportunities with Easter Bunny, art projects, face painting and DJ dance party. $1 rides on carousel. 1955 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach 33062, 954-943-4683, free entry
- Weston Royal Egg Hunt 10 a.m. for youngsters ages 10 and younger. Recommended to arrive early. Afterward, photo opps with Royal Bunny and bounce house fun. Weston Regional Park, 20200 Saddle Club Road, Weston, 954-389-4321, free
- Pompano Beach, Spring Fling 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. March 31. Community Park, 850 NE 18th Avenue, Pompano Beach, includes kids’ activities, photo booth, art activities, bounce slides and egg hunts 10:45 a.m. for ages 1 to 3, and 11 a.m. for ages 4 to 9, free 954-786-4111
- Davie Hippity Hoppity Hunt 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. March 31, Pine Island Park, 3801 S. Pine Island Road, Davie 33328, 10 a.m. egg hunt babies to ages 8. Inflatables, Train rides, Petting farm. Fee for photos with bunny. 954-797-1181
- Spring Festival, Anchor Church, 600 SW Third St., Pompano Beach 33060, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 3. Includes pony rides, a petting zoo and trackless train. Egg hunts, obstacle courses, bounce houses, peep eating contest, free.
Other places to see the bunny
- The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale, occasionally to March 31. Meeting Bunny is free. Photo packages sold for $24.99 and up. Information online. 2414 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 954- 564-1036
- Participating Applebee’s, 1 or 2 kids eat free with eligible adult entrée purchase April 1. Valid for ages 12 and younger. In South Florida, participating restaurants include Boynton Beach, Coral Springs, Cutler Bay, Delray Beach, Doral, Greenacres, Margate, Pembroke Pines, Royal Palm Beach, Sunrise, Tamarac, Vero Beach and West Palm Beach
Boulevard Heights Community Center
Weston Regional Park
community christian church
constitution park in Deerfield Beach
Sunrise Athletic Complex
Tamarac Sports Complex
Pines Recreation Center
Pembroke Shores Park
Margate Sports Complex