Everyone needs financial assistance sometimes but finding the resources during tough times can be difficult. There are however, plenty of them available and we’ve rounded up several. They range from help with medication costs and filing for unemployment to food banks and rental and utility assistance.
Here are some online resources to tap into:
Subscribe to our free daily newsletter and don’t miss important updates on information you can use now.
- Florida Small Business Bridge Loan Program is offering a $50,000 interest-free loan to small business with between two and 100 employees who have suffered a financial loss. Deadline to apply is May 8.
- Salvation Army can assist with rent/mortgage, utility bills, transportation, medicine and food.
- 211.org is a vital resource when searching for food, housing and healthcare, the site features a comprehensive list of resources in these areas and more.
- Healthwell Foundation helps cover with copays, premiums, deductibles and various other out-of-pocket expenses if you’re underinsured and suffer from one of these 34 diseases
- Florida Unemployment is where to go to learn about eligibility for filing of unemployment and how to properly file to receive checks
- Food Pantries is a comprehensive website listing organizations and houses of worship that distribute food or where you can come in and fill up a bag with food.
- Miami-Dade Emergency Assistance includes resources for assistance with housing, utility and energy bills, transportation and home energy crisis.
- United Way of Miami-Dade has launched the Miami Pandemic Response Fund through Operation Helping Hands, a resource for struggling families with food supplies, utilities, rent and mortgage assistance and micro-grants for small businesses.
- Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce has put together a Business Relief Guide, a comprehensive list of online links to resources including the USBG Bartender Emergency Assistance Program, US Small Business Association Loans and Facebook Grant and Facebook Business Resource Guide.
- Family Success Centers in Broward County can help with funds to pay electric bills and rent. Locations in Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale.
- Urban League of Broward County helps with foreclosure counseling and mortgage programs.
- Housing Finance Authority of Broward County provides foreclosure prevention services, home counseling services and home repair.
- Broward County Emergency is a comprehensive site with links to various emergency resources
- Need Help Paying Bills Fort Lauderdale includes information on a variety of agencies that provide emergency aid
- Food pantries lists the food pantries, soup kitchens and other meal programs in Broward County.
- SOBEWFF and Florida International University Chaplin School Hospitality Industry Relief Fund aims to provide financial help to independently owned and operated restaurants and bars in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. The program is presented by the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival and Capital One. In addition to grants, recipients will get access to resources provided by the FIU Chaplin School.
More Useful Resources
- Hiring fair for FLL & free employment resources
- Drive-up event in Davie offers Free Trees, registration required
- Rent, utilities & other financial resources for Florida residents
- Free food-distribution events & food-drive drop-off information
- Sheriff’s Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal
- Register For Free Library e-card For Online Resources
- Where to get COVID vaccines in Broward: UPDATED
- Libraries offer drive-up & walk-up opportunities
- Inexpensive rabies vaccines for pets
- Free school supplies, events & resources