Glass sculptures, jewelry and other decorative art pieces from South Florida artists are featured during free entry day at WMODA in Dania Beach.
Entry for Wiener Museum of Decorative Arts (WMODA) is free for International Museum Day 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 18
The regular fees are $10 adults, $8 seniors, and free for kids 12 and younger and students with ID.
Exhibits include glass sculptures by famed artist Chihuly and Lalique. Other displays feature British and European pottery and porcelain, including Wedgwood, Royal Doulton and Lladró.
Activities and artists during free entry day include
- Betsy Alexis demonstrates technique for stained glass panels
- Italianissimo jewelry designers
- Chelsea Rousso and her fused glass pieces made with ribbons and fragraments of glass
- opportunity to ask an appraiser for approximate value for pottery, porcelain and glass art, donation of $10 is recommended
WMODA, 481 S. Federal Highway, Dania Beach 33004. It’s usually open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays to Fridays.
Information is online or 954-376-6690
- Free things to do & deals this weekend in Broward
- Art festivals, art venues & art events in Broward
- 21 events in Broward with free live music