Fort Lauderdale is presenting a free New Year’s Eve street festival full of activities and entertainment for kids and adults, including an exciting anchor drop and fireworks.
The festivites are 4:30 p.m. December 31 to 1 a.m. New Year’s Day.
Live music is featured about 7:45 p.m. to 1 a.m. A 20-foot-tall 17-foot-wide anchor embellished with thousands of LED lights drops at midnight.
- Big City Dogs 7:45 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Pocket Change 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. funk, R&B, soul, Motown & dance party music
Earlier, family-friendly entertainment and activities for kids are about 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.,with an early countdown at 7 p.m. Activities for youngsters include bounce houses, slides, face painting, games, contests, line dancing with DJ William Pennhouse, free caricatures & selfies with OBIE, the Orange Bowl Mascot 6 to 8 p.m.
The venue is Southwest Second Street from Southwest Second Avenue to Southwest Fifth Avenue in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Information is online or 954-828-5363
Downtown parking fees apply. Parking information is online.
- City Park Garage
150 SE 2nd Street
- Broward Governmental Garage
151 SW 2nd Street
- County Lot II
100 SW 1st Avenue
- Riverfront Garage
305 S Andrews Avenue
- Riverhouse Lot
220 SW 3rd Avenue
- 200 Las Olas Circle Garage
200 SW 1st Avenue
- Holiday events in Broward, lots are free
- Don’t drive drunk, AAA’s free ‘Tow To Go’
- Free things to do & deals this weekend
Browse other free and cheap holiday events