Riverwalk offers a pleasant stretch along New River for picnicking, sightseeing & romantic walks, and it also serves as a scenic venue for outdoor events, festivals and entertainment. And free Zumba.
Riverwalk runs along the river from about Southwest Fifth Street east toward Federal Highway, incorporating Esplanade Park, ideal for an outdoorsy & inexpensive date.
Events at Riverwalk include
- 6:30 p.m. Mondays to Fridays, Riverwalk North, 301 SW First Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33301, donations appreciated, supply your own water
- wear comfortable fitness attire & sneakers supportive for dance movements
- information online
Jazz Brunch — on hold until further notice
- jazz Brunch, usually first Sundays 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., with entertainment along different points of Riverwalk, free
Enjoy Other Posts
- February 8 Free Entry for New River Fest in Fort Lauderdale, including fire dancers, food vendors & live music
- Free entry for Riverwalk Chili Cook Off 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. February 22, food tastings for voting are $5 and up
- Free Entry for Pirate Fest @ Esplanade Park on Riverwalk 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. April 11, features family-friendly activities, entertainment and demonstrations