Riverwalk offers a delightful stretch along the New River in Fort Lauderdale for sightseeing, photography & romantic walks. It also serves as a scenic venue for occasional outdoor events, festivals and entertainment.
Riverwalk runs along the river from about Southwest Fifth Street east toward Federal Highway, incorporating Esplanade Park. It’s ideal for an outdoorsy picnic & inexpensive date.
Free entertainment & events
- May 8 School of Rock Performance Band 6 p.m. – 8 p.m, Huizenga Plaza, 32 E. Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale 33301, free
- May 14 Shane Duncan band 7 p.m. – 9 p.m., Huizenga Plaza, 32 E. Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale 33301, free
- May 15 Vegan Pop-Up Party, includes entertainment & vendors with vegan food & drinks, free entry, Huizenga Plaza 32 E. Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. May 15, free entry, information online
Free yoga in Esplanade Park 8 a.m. most Mondays, 400 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale. Instructor is Derek Stout, information 954-468-1541
Photography Pro Tips
We appreciate Photographer Jason Leidy of Middle River Arts Photography & Director of Photography for Go Riverwalk magazine, offering information about his favorite places for snapshots & sightseeing.
“There’s a bunch of great photo moments on the Riverwalk. On the North Side, the view from the Broward Center steps looking east is tough to beat. There’s… an oversized Adirondak chair just east of Esplanade Park that makes for a good sense of place. I also love the view from the landing at the West side of the Railroad tracks. You’re at a good height to take in the History District. Heading further East is one of the most Instagrammed public works of art in Fort Lauderdale. “Thrive” by artist Daniel Popper is on display at the breezeway of Society Las Olas.
“On the south side of the Riverwalk, some highlights include the view from Stranahan Landing. Looking north across the New River you can see one of the oldest buildings in Fort Lauderdale, the Stranahan House Museum. The views looking west from Smoker Park are another stunning point of view on the canyon of buildings along the river. Moving West, I’m partial to the floating docks in front of the Downtowner. The restaurant has history and a often overlooked alley to it’s East winds through some fun little courtyard moments. Walking the entire length of the North and South Side of the Riverwalk is always different.”
Rentals & Tours
- phone or email to verify when vendor is open
- Riverwalk Recreation offers kayak, standup paddleboard & bicycle rentals, and various tours
- 220 SW 3rd Ave., Fort Lauderdale, 954-526-5159 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Water Trolley in Fort LauderdaleEvents at Riverwalk on hold until further notice
- Zumba is on hold until further notice
- Riverwalk North, 301 SW First Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33301, donations appreciated, supply your own water
- wear comfortable fitness attire & sneakers supportive for dance movements
- information online or 561-599-1717
- Jazz Brunch is on hold until further notice, features entertainment along different points of Riverwalk, free
Enjoy Other Posts
Fort Lauderdale , FL 33312