Festivals are popular events in Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Deerfield Beach, Davie and other towns in South Florida. Some festivals offer free entry and free parking, which are ideal for budget-friendly dates, frugal family activities or inexpensive outings with friends.
With some festivals, extra fees apply for select activities and perhaps for parking.
- April 1 International Orchid & Bromeliad Show at Flamingo Gardens in Davie, March 31- April 1, entry fee required
- Free entry for Salsa Fest April 7
- April 7 Free Earth Day Festival in Sunrise
- April 15 Free entry to festival in Hollywood
- April 21 & 22 25% discounts for Garden Festival & Bonsai Show at Flamingo Gardens
- April 22 Family-friendly planet-friendly festivities at Esplanade Park, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 400 SW Second St., Fort Lauderdale 33312, free
- April 27, 28, 29 Pompano Beach Seafood Festival includes bands, $30 online for 3-day ticket, or $10 Friday, $20 Saturday and $15 Sunday
- May 4 LitLive! Barnes & Noble, various locations, requires tickets, which are free
- May 19 & May 20 Dania Beach Arts & Seafood festival, free
- Free entry Smoke on the Water BBQ event on Riverwalk
- May 19 Ocean Brews & Blues, $35 to $60
- May 19 Children’s BookFest 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Northwest Regional Library, 3151 N. University Drive, Coral Springs 33065, free event, 954-357-7990
- June 15 – Afro-Caribbean Weekend Fest, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Foster Park Community Center Micro-Library
- June 16 Wilton Manors Stonewall Pride Parade & Festival
- June 16 Afro-Caribbean Weekend Fest Hallandale Beach Library 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. June 16. Features storytelling, entertainment, story slam, steel drum and junkanoo bands and food trucks.
- July 20-21 South Florida Book Festival at African-American Research Library and Cultural Center, 954-357-6282
- $5 for Brazilian Festival of Pompano Beach October 20 & 21