Resources are available for assisting residents and entrepreneurs with employment, social services, paying rent, free food & other expenses.
Many resources are free. Eligibility requirements vary.
Eligible renters receive assistance paying for housing & utilities
- renting a unit, apartment or house in Broward
- qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19
- demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability
Information online or 888-692-7203
- Dial 2-1-1: Free local helplines recommend resources for food assistance, financial assistance & other social services. Free & anonymous. Use phone, text or email.
- Re-employment Assistance — FloridaJobs.org
- Free online employment coaching & resources for Broward Library card-holders, webinar about the program is on YouTube
- Free online employment & financial workshops from CareerSource Broward, read feature
- Small Business Administration (SBA) offers Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and another EIDL program for eligible applicants with economic impacts due to COVID-19, online EIDL application
- Broward Score offers workshops & mentoring for entrepreneurs, website
Financial & rental assistance for residents
- Financial assistance for Lauderhill residents only — website
- Rental and Foreclosure Prevention Program for Davie residents — information online, 954-797-1173 or email COVID19Rent@davie-fl.gov
- other municipalities offer programs — look on the website where you reside
- Broward County Family Success Administration
- Broward County Human Services
- Broward Homeless Initiative Partnership
- Free 2-1-1 programs include phonecalls to seniors living alone
Please return to this page. We’re adding other information.
- Florida offers tax-free shopping events
- Indoor plants: Tips for radishes, lettuce & other edibles
- Florida landscaping: Free resources to enhance your yard
- Resource Depot in West Palm offers recycled items at discount prices
- Free food distributions & resources
- Free food for students during summer
- Ride for free with Freebee in Aventura
- Free online homework help from local libraries
- South Florida farms offer fresh produce
- Free Publix prescriptions program to end soon