Dozens of decorated watercraft participate in FLoatarama, a floating Pride parade on the New River & the Intracoastal Waterway in Fort Lauderdale.
The event is free for spectators.
FLoatarama is 12:30 p.m. June 11 on the New River from Esplanade Park, east to the Intracoastal Waterway, north on the Intracoastal Waterway to the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal. Funds from ticket sales are for FLoatarama LGBTQ Youth Fund.
Fees for participants
- VIP package includes a ride in the parade on a double-decker 65-foot Water Taxi vessel. It also includes entry for the Sailor’s Dance & Pool Party following the parade. The fee is $134.24. Information & ticket ordering are online.
- Register private vessels to participate in the floatilla for $30, website
- FLoatarma events include a Sailor’s Dance & Pool Party 2 p.m. June 11 @ Residence Inn Intracoastal, 3333 Northeast 32nd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33308. Regular entry is $15, or $17.55 including fees. Information is online. Entry to the dance & pool party is included with a VIP package, Information is online
Recommended watch areas
Watch from public parks along the route, including
- Smoker Park, 501 S. New River Drive East, Fort Lauderdale
- Colee Hammock Park, 1500 Brickell Drive, Fort Lauderdale
Information about FLoatarama is online.
June 18 Stonewall Pride Parade & Street Festival in Wilton Manors. The events are family-friendly. The festival is 4 p.m. – 11 p.m. and includes live entertainment. The parade is at 7 p.m. on Wilton Drive. Entry for the events is $5 for ages 12 and older. Masks are encouraged.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami-South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or visit our Facebook group page.
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal