Free immunization shots required by state law for youngsters entering school are provided in South Florida.
Florida Department of Health offers free vaccinations for those who do not receive them from a family doctor. Optional vaccinations not required for school are also offered Information about which vaccinations are required and recommended for youngsters of specific ages is on the website.
Opportunities for free vaccinations include:
Lauderhill Mall, 1267 NW 40 Avenue, Lauderhill
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays to Fridays August 1 to August 17 — no appointments required
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. August 2, August 6, August 9 and August 13 — no appointments required
- Family Fun Fair 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. August 11 — no appointments required. Event includes backpack giveways, bike helmets, health and safety information, free vegetables & fruits, entertainment & prizes.
- Information is online or 954-467-4705
Select Florida Health Department offices offer vaccines by appointment, 954- 467-4705
- A mobile van and Florida Department of Health offices are providing free vacations. Information is online or 561-625-5180 or 561-840-4568 — Phone for appointments at the Department of Health offices
- Florida Department of Health offices are offering free vaccinations. Information is online or 786-845-0550 — Phone for appointments