Florida is offering its residents an opportunity to purchase storm supplies without paying state sales tax, which is 6 percent
Other sales taxes likely are also waived.
Florida’s tax-free holiday — valid for eligible items — is May 31 to June 6. Some of the merchandise must be within a maximum price range to qualify for the tax -free status. For example
- flashlights and other eligible lights $20 or less
- eligible batteries $30 or less
- portable generators $750 or less
- reusable ice packs $10 or less
- coolers $30 or less
- radios $50 or less
- ratchet straps $50 or less
- bungee cords $50 or less
Other items exempt from sales tax include tie-down kits, tarps and waterproof sheeting, $50 or less. First-aid kits are always exempt from sales tax.
Read about other eligible items and rules for the tax holiday online.
Enjoy Other Posts