In South Florida, plenty of festivals & events focus on food. And sometimes wine. Or beer.
Often the events include entertainment, art exhibits, demonstrations or other activities.
For some events, tickets are relatively expensive and the price includes food and drinks.
Others offer free entry, and usually feature opportunities to purchase food from different vendors. Some events are specifically for ages 21 and older.
- May 18 Ocean Brews & Blues Festival, Deerfield, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., entertainment, beer vendors & food vendors, free entry, early discount for tasting tickets
- August 16 Miramar Burger & Brew Fest 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. August 16, Miramar Town Center, 2300 Civic Center Place
Enjoy Other Posts
- Free things to do & deals this weekend
- Food truck events, including week nights
- Restaurant deals & discounts
- February 15 Taste of Oakland Park, with discounts for tickets purchased online & Lyft discount
- February 17 Food & Wine Festival, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Weston Town Center, 1675 Market St., 954-349-5900, tickets required, $45 for adults and $25 for ages 11 to 20, free for 10 and younger
- February 17 Gala in the Gardens, Flamingo Gardens with Disco Theme, $75 to $110
- February 17 SoLa Rum, Food & Wine Festival in Lauderhill, discount opportunity
- February 21 Early-purchase discount for The Taste of Pines in Pembroke Pines $15 to $30
- March 2 13th Street Craft Beer & Wine Festival and Car Show, includes food, entertainment, fun for youngsters, vendors & others. Free entry. 690 Northeast 13th Street, Fort Lauderdale 33304, Wristband for beer and wine, $30 early purchase, $35 at event. Information online ; discount opportunity — $25 for VIP entry to 13th Street Craft Beer & Wine Festival $35 value
- March 2 Margarita Festival, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 2, includes entertainment, street tacos and drinks outside Township restaurant, 219 S. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale, $25 early purchase, $35 regular price, $50 for VIP, 954-338-4070
- March 15 Wine, Spirits & Culinary Celebration at Museum of Discovery & Science in Fort Lauderdale, $150 & $300, information online
- March 23 FemAle Brew Fest, showcases women in the beer industry, for ages 21 and older, 2 p.m. or 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., $15 for designated drivers, other tickets, $35 to $60. Fees are extra. Entertainment includes Dj. La Trice Perry, Mona Lisa Tribe, Gulfstream Park, Gulfstream Park, a shopping, dining and entertainment venue, is at 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach 33009
- March 22 – 24 Greater Fort Lauderdale Food & Wine Festival, including free Family Day at ArtsPark on Hollywood Boulevard and U.S. One in Hollywood, Entry fees vary for different events
- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. March 23 at ArtsPark in Hollywood, includes food, demonstrations, entertainment, $60 to $125, Some proceeds for Feeding South Florida, early purchase discounts online or Groupon discount of $45 for event with extra perks for 21 and older in Hollywood March 23, $66.80 value
- 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. March 24 Family Day & Food Drive, Arts Park in Hollywood, includes food trucks, entertainment, fun for youngsters, demonstrations, free entry with suggested donation of four non-perishable food items
- March 29 Riverwalk Burger competition for ages 21 and older, 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., includes lives music, gourmet burgers, French fries bar, meat and non-meat burgers, information online, $50 regular entry, $125 VIP
- March 30 & 31 Free Arts and Seafood festival in Dania , features a variety of live entertainment, live performance art, art exhibitors, family-friendly activities, rides. Includes beer & wine garden, restaurant vendors
- March 31 Free entry for WorldFest in Coral Springs, with entertainment, food & fun for kids, fee for some activities
- April 5 Las Olas Wine & Food Festival $115 to $150
- April 13 Vegan MacN’Cheeze Competition presented by South Florida-based non-profit organization, Animal Hero Kids, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. April 13, Green Bar & Kitchen, 1075 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale 33316, $40 includes tasting from each entry, beverage & entertainment, Information & Tickets online
- April 26-28 Pompano Seafood Festival with a variety of live entertainment, $15 – $35
- April 26-28 Taste The Islands Experience downtown Fort Lauderdale, various events, $55-$95, excluding fees
Weston Town Center
Lauderhill Performing Arts Center
690 Northeast 13th Street, Fort Lauderdale