Soak in the local art scene, watch an artist paint with his foot and shop wares from pop-up vendors at a popular ArtWalk event in South Broward.
Downtown Hollywood ArtWalk festivities are third Saturdays 6 p.m. to about 11 p.m. on Hollywood Boulevard and Harrison Street
Entry is free.
The events usually include
- walking tour of Downtown Hollywood murals, 6 p.m. at Information Booth, 20th Avenue & Harrison Street
- guided gallery experience at 7 p.m. & 9 p.m., meet at Information Booth, 20th Avenue & Harrison Street
- Impulse Art show at 8 p.m. featuring artist Daniel Pontet painting with his bare foot to the live drumming of Jeff Lee of Resurrection Drums, performance outdoors at 2001 Van Buren Street, across from the Parking Garage on 20th Avenue
- Artisan market with vendor booths on Harrison Street between 20th Avenue & 21st Avenue 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. live music on Harrison Street at 21st Avenue
ArtWalk events typically include art exhibits at participating shops and galleries, with some of the featured artists on site. Occasionally street performers are part of the festivities. Some shops might provide snacks and refreshments.
Street parking is $1.50 per hour. Garage Parking is $1 per hour.
Garage locations are
- 251 S. 20th Avenue, between Harrison Street and Van Buren Stree
- 251 N. 19th Avenue between Tyler Street & Polk Street
For information, 954-924-2980 or online at Downtown Hollywood ArtWalk
- Free things to do & deals this weekend in Broward
- Art festivals, art venues & art events in Broward
- Restaurant deals & discounts in South Florida
Hollywood, FL 33020