Lace up your walking shoes. Broward Parks Department offers free tours at different parks and natural areas.
Pre-registration is required for some. If registration is not required, it’s wise to phone to verify the event is on the day you want to attend.
- Secret Woods is at 2701 W. State Road 84, Dania Beach, 954-357-8884, nature walks usually 3:30 p.m. Saturdays and 9:30 a.m. Sundays, free
- Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road., Deerfield Beach 33442, 954-357-5110, 954-357-5100 or log in online at webtrac.broward.org
- Fern Forest 201 Lyons Road South, Coconut Creek 33063, 954-357-5198, usually Saturdays and Sundays, phone for information, free
- Register for Night Hikes, usually $5
- Information about nature walks and other events at other parks is online.
Participants should wear appropriate footwear. Sunscreen, drinking water and insect repellent are recommended.
Enjoy Other Posts
Owl Prowl, indoor & outdoor education program, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. March 16 Long Key Natural Area, 3501 S.W. 130th Ave., Davie 33330, 954-357-8797, $10, Registration required