Lace up your walking shoes. Broward Parks Department offers free tours at different parks and natural areas in north Broward.
Pre-registration is required. To register and verify the walk is on the day you’re interested in, phone Quiet Waters Park at 954-357-5110 or log in online at webtrac.broward.org
Participants should wear appropriate footwear. Sunscreen, drinking water and insect repellent are recommended.
The tours include:
- 9 a.m. second Tuesdays Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road., Deerfield Beach 33442
- 9 a.m. third Tuesdays Easterlin Park, 1000 NW 38th St, Oakland Park 33309, 954-938-0610
- 9 a.m. fourth Tuesdays, location varies by month. Information is online.
- 9 a.m. second Fridays, location varies by month. July, September and November @ Highlands Scrub Natural Area, 4050 N. Dixie Highway, Pompano Beach. June, August October & December @ West Creek Pineland Natural Area, 4900 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Coconut Creek
- 9 a.m. fourth Fridays Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road., Deerfield Beach