Lace up your walking shoes. Broward Parks Department offers free and relatively inexpensive tours at different parks and natural areas.
Pre-registration is required for some. If registration is not required, it’s wise to phone to verify the event is on the day you want to attend.
- Secret Woods is at 2701 W. State Road 84, Dania Beach, 954-357-8884, nature walks usually 3:30 p.m. Saturdays and 9:30 a.m. Sundays, free
- Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach 33442, 954-357-5110, 954-357-5100 or log in online at webtrac.broward.org, including most second Tuesdays 9 a.m., free and pre-registration is required
- Fern Forest 201 Lyons Road South, Coconut Creek 33063, 954-357-5198, usually Saturdays and Sundays, phone for information, free
- Register for Night Hikes, usually $5
- Information about nature walks and other events at other parks is online
Participants should wear appropriate footwear. Sunscreen, drinking water and insect repellent are recommended.
Enjoy Other Posts
- Free things to do & deals this weekend
- Festivals & events
- Register for night hikes in Broward with $5 fee
Owl Prowl, indoor & outdoor education program, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. March 16 Long Key Natural Area, 3501 S.W. 130th Ave., Davie 33330, 954-357-8797, $10, Registration required