For university-bound students, entry is free for SAT/ACT test-prep workshops at library branches.
The information and activities are designed for high school students who are taking the SAT/ACT tests, which are required when applying to some universities and other academic institutions.
“The SAT/ACT classes are comparable to expensive test-prep courses,” the website states. ” The focus is on four components per test subject: fundamentals, technique, recognition/reaction and timing manipulation. The readiness workshops will teach you how to navigate the college admission process.”
To register for a set of workshops, you need to phone the specific library offering it or register online
SAT/ACT Workshops are offered different dates at different venues. Information and registration is online. Or phone a participating library.
Participating venues include these and others
- African-American Research Library & Cultural Center, 2650 Sistrunk Blvd., Fort Lauderdale 33311, 954-357-6209
- Southwest Regional Library, 16835 Sheridan St., Pembroke Pines 33331, 954-357-6733
- West Regional Library, 8601 W Broward Blvd., Plantation 33324, 954-765-1585
- South Regional/Broward College Library, 7300 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines 33024, 954-201-8821
- North Regional/Broward College Library, 1100 Coconut Creek Blvd., Coconut Creek 33066, 954-201-2626
- Miramar Library, 954-357-8090
- Main Library, 100 S Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33301, 954-357-7504
- Northwest Regional Library, 3151 University Drive, Coral Springs 33065, 954-357-7990, ext. 4
Information about the workshops is online.
Enjoy Other Posts