For university-bound students, entry is free for SAT/ACT test-prep workshops at Broward Library branches, including Fort Lauderdale.
The information and activities are designed for high school students who are taking the SAT/ACT tests, which are required when applying to some universities and other academic institutions.
The workshops include practice tests and test-taking strategies with a focus on fundamentals, technique, recognition/reaction and timing manipulation. Homework is assigned. To register for a set of workshops, you need to phone the specific library offering it.
Other workshops are offered focusing on applications, scholarships and financial aid.
Workshops are offered select dates at these venues and others.
- African-American Research Library & Cultural Center, 2650 Sistrunk Blvd., Fort Lauderdale 33311, 954-357-6209
- Southwest Regional Library, 16835 Sheridan St., Pembroke Pines 33331, 954-357-6733
- West Regional Library, 8601 W Broward Blvd., Plantation 33324, 954-765-1585
- South Regional/Broward College Library, 7300 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines 33024, 954-201-8821
- North Regional/Broward College Library, 1100 Coconut Creek Blvd., Coconut Creek 33066, 954-201-2626
- Main Library, 100 S Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33301, 954-357-7504
- Northwest Regional Library, 3151 University Drive, Coral Springs 33065, 954-357-7990, ext. 4
Information about the workshops is online.