- For Halloween fun, family-friendly events are offered in Broward at parks, shopping plazas and other venues in Fort Lauderdale, Deerfield Beach, Davie and other towns.
Many events are free. You may want to bring extra money, because some of the events include extra activities or refreshments for a fee.
- October 20 Halloween Hoopla in Tamarac 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 N. University Drive, Tamarac. Includes carnival games, face painting, crafts & treats. 954-597-3674, free
- October 21 Family Halloween & Safety Festival, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Volunteer Park, 12050 W. Sunrise Blvd., Plantation, carnival, games, costume contest, candy, inflatables, DJ. Includes pony rides, police and fire exhibits, $5 for ages 2 and older. 954-452-2510
- October 25 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Riverland Halloween Party, Riverland Park, 950 S.W. 27th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33312, family-theme event with decorating treats and entertainment, 954-828-5320, free & free parking
- October 26 Spooky Halloween Dance Party , 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Bass Park, 2750 NW 19th St., Fort Lauderdale. Games, crafts, food & music. Free
- October 26 Deerfield Beach Family Holiday Hoe-Down. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Costume contest, games, hayrides. Villages of Hillsboro Park, 4111 NW 6th St, Deerfield Beach 33442. Free
- October 27 5 p.m. to 9 p.m Hallow’s Eve, Miramar Town Center, 2300 Civic Center Place, Miramar. Trick-or-treat stations. Food trucks. Activities. 954-602-3325, free
- October 27 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Halloween Moonlit Movie Night, with “Hocus Pocus” at 7 p.m., food and activities. The Fountains shopping and dining plaza, 801 S. University Drive, Plantation 33324, 954-845, 7157, free
- October 27 Boo Bash in Pompano Beach, family-friendly fun 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Inflatable slides. Entertainment. Costume contest 8 p.m., Pompano Park, 2001 N.E. 10th St., Pompano Beach, 954-786-4111, free
- October 27 Registration required by October 24. Monster Mash 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Community Center, 1100 Lyons Road, Coconut Creek, with costume contests for youngsters & grownups. Other activities include art projects, trick-or-treat scavenger hunt, photo opps, spooky storytelling, dancing. $2 for Coconut Creek residents, $5 for non-residents. Register by October 24 at Coconut Creek Community Center.
- October 27 Spooky Dance Party, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Lauderdale Manors Park, 1340 Chateau Park Drive, Fort Lauderdale. Games, food, music & dancing
- October 27 & 28 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Trick or Treat Family Fun Night at Long Key Natural Area, for youngsters ages 3 to 10. Includes games, crafts and hike. 3501 SW 130th Avenue, Davie 33330, 954-357-8797. Reservations suggested. $5 fee
- October 27 Halloween Festivities in Deerfield Beach, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Games, music, crafts, costume contest & other fun. 445 SW 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach 33441. Free
- October 28 Trick or Trot 5K and Kids Dash, Markham Park, 16001 West State Road 84, Sunrise 33326, packet pickup opens at 5:45 a.m. Race starts at 7:30 a.m. Early registration for Trick or Trot is $15. Kids Dash for ages 10 and younger is $10.
- October 28 Trick or Treat on Second Street 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Esplanade Park 400 SW Second St., Fort Lauderdale, includes bounces houses, activities and costume parade for youngsters and pets. 954-828-7275, free
- October 28 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Fall Fest, Mills Pond Park, 2201 N.W. Ninth Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, wagon rides, games, crafts & other fun.
- October 28 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Halloween event, Croissant Park, 245 W. Park Drive, Fort Lauderdale. Family fun with games, contests & food. free
- October 28 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Hollyweird Holloween Block Party. Family-friendly 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. with trick or treating, entertainment, balloon twisting, face painting. Costume contest. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. entertainment & costume contest for grown-ups
- October 28 Margate Fall Festival 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., sports facilities, 1695 Banks Road, Margate 33063, vendors, pumpkin decorating, costume contest, entertainment free entry, free parking
- October 28 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Booville, Pines Recreation Center, 7400 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines 33026. costume costume, rides, trick or treating, pumpkin patch photo op & entertainment. $2 per person, 954-392-2116
- October 27 & 28 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Trick or Treat Family Fun Night at Long Key Natural Area, for youngsters ages 3 to 10. Includes games, crafts and hike. 3501 SW 130th Avenue, Davie 33330, 954-357-8797. Reservations suggested. $5
- October 29 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Trick-or-Treat at Secret Woods in Dania Beach for ages 2 and older. Walk on trails, enjoy the wildlife, with treats along the way. $5 per youngster. 954-357-8884
- October 31, Halloween Bash at Pompano Citi Centre, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., for kids age 10 and younger. Includes Wizard Show, treats, 1955 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach 33062, 954-943-4683, for kids to age 10 with adult supervision. Free entry, carousel rides for $1
- October 31 Trick or Treating at Sunrise Fire Stations for youngsters in preschool to fifth grade, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Free shuttle between the stations. Parental supervision is required. Fire Station #39 Sunset Strip (Village Civic Center), Fire Station #59 8330 NW 27th Place next to Home Depot on University Drive, Fire Station #72 10490 W. Oakland Park Blvd. next to the Public Safety Building, Fire Station #83 60 Weston Road, Fire Station #92 13721 NW 21st Street, off 136th Avenue, across from Sawgrass Mills.
- Dentists buy youngsters’ extra Halloween candy
- 10 easy Halloween costumes for pets
- 97 cheap and easy Halloween costumes
- Fall festivals & other events in Broward, lots are free