For Halloween fun, family-friendly events are offered in Broward, including a park and shopping plazas in Plantation, Pompano Beach and Dania Beach.
Many events are free. You may want to bring extra money, because some of the events include extra activities or refreshments for a fee.
- October 31 Trick or Treating at Sunrise Fire Stations for youngsters in preschool to fifth grade, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Free shuttle between the stations. Parental supervision is required. Fire Station #39 Sunset Strip (Village Civic Center), Fire Station #59 8330 NW 27th Place next to Home Depot on University Drive, Fire Station #72 10490 W. Oakland Park Blvd. next to the Public Safety Building, Fire Station #83 60 Weston Road, Fire Station #92 13721 NW 21st Street, off 136th Avenue, across from Sawgrass Mills.
- October 31 Westfield Broward Malloween Trick or Treating 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., trick or treating for youngsters 11 and younger at participating stores, while supplies last. No masks or toy weapons. 8000 W. Broward Blvd., Plantation 33388, 954-473-8101
- October 31, Halloween Bash at Pompano Citi Centre, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., magical Wizard Show at 6 p.m., candy. Activities designed for kids 10 and younger. Entry is free. Carousel rides $1. 1955 North Federal Highway, Pompano Beach, 954-943-4683
- October 31 Not So Spooky Halloween at Gulfstream Park, 5 p.m. to 8 .m. Trick or Treating, face painting, activities. DJ & magic show. Entertainment is weather permitting. 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach 33009. 954-454-7000, free
- Wicked Manors street party. 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. On Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, presented by Pride Center at Equality Park. Costume contest, music, flash mob.
- Family Fall Festival in Dania Beach, food & entertainment. 5 p.m. to 8: 30 p.m., park at 100 NW Eighth Ave., Dania Beach 33004, 954-924-3692
- Rescheduled for November 3 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Hollyweird Holloween Block Party. Family-friendly fun 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. with trick or treating, entertainment, balloon twisting, face painting. Costume contest. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. entertainment & costume contest for grown-ups
- Kids eat free deals & other Halloween restaurant deals in Broward for Halloween
- Dentists buy youngsters’ extra Halloween candy
- 10 easy Halloween costumes for pets
- 101 cheap and easy Halloween costumes
- Fall festivals & other events in Broward, lots are free
- DIY garbage truck costume
Halloween Hoopla in Tamarac 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 N. University Drive, Tamarac. Includes carnival games, face painting, crafts & treats. 954-597-3674, free
Family Halloween & Safety Festival, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Volunteer Park, 12050 W. Sunrise Blvd., Plantation, carnival, games, costume contest, candy, inflatables, DJ. Includes pony rides, police and fire exhibits, $5 for ages 2 and older. 954-452-2510
6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Riverland Halloween Party, Riverland Park, 950 S.W. 27th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale 33312, family-theme event with decorating treats and entertainment, 954-828-5320, free & free parking
Trunk or Treat, 6 p.m. parade and 6:30 p.m. Trunk or Treat, First Presbyterian Church of Fort Lauderdale, 401 SE 15th Ave., Fort Lauderdale 33301, RSVP 954- 598-9341
Spooky Halloween Dance Party , 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Bass Park, 2750 NW 19th St., Fort Lauderdale. Games, crafts, food & music. Free
Deerfield Beach Family Holiday Hoe-Down. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Costume contest, games, hayrides. Villages of Hillsboro Park, 4111 NW 6th St, Deerfield Beach 33442. Free
5 p.m. to 9 p.m Hallow’s Eve, Miramar Town Center, 2300 Civic Center Place, Miramar. Trick-or-treat stations. Food trucks. Activities. 954-602-3325, free
5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Halloween Moonlit Movie Night, with “Hocus Pocus” at 7 p.m., food and activities. The Fountains shopping and dining plaza, 801 S. University Drive, Plantation 33324, 954-845, 7157, free
Boo Bash in Pompano Beach, family-friendly fun 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Inflatable slides. Entertainment. Costume contest 8 p.m., Pompano Park, 2001 N.E. 10th St., Pompano Beach, 954-786-4111, free
Monster Mash 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Community Center, 1100 Lyons Road, Coconut Creek, with costume contests for youngsters & grownups. Other activities include art projects, trick-or-treat scavenger hunt, photo opps, spooky storytelling, dancing. $2 for Coconut Creek residents, $5 for non-residents.
Spooky Dance Party, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Lauderdale Manors Park, 1340 Chateau Park Drive, Fort Lauderdale. Games, food, music & dancing
Ghosts & Goblins Family Fun Night, designed for ages 2 to 11, Fern Forest , 201 S. Lyons Road, Coconut Creek 33063, 954-357-5198, fee for some activities
6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Trick or Treat Family Fun Night at Long Key Natural Area, for youngsters ages 3 to 10. Includes games, crafts and hike. 3501 SW 130th Avenue, Davie 33330, 954-357-8797. Reservations suggested. $5 fee
Halloween Festivities in Deerfield Beach, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Games, music, crafts, costume contest & other fun. 445 SW 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach 33441. Free
Trick or Trot 5K and Kids Dash, Markham Park, 16001 West State Road 84, Sunrise 33326, packet pickup opens at 5:45 a.m. Race starts at 7:30 a.m. Early registration for Trick or Trot is $15. Kids Dash for ages 10 and younger is $10.
Orchard Hardware in Fort Lauderdale offers Halloween fun 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., In-store trick or treating with Wilton Manors Kiwanis. Costume contest for youngsters. Pet rescue adoptions. Art activities with Young at Art Museum, 2871 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, 954-563-2066, free
Trick or Treat on Second Street 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Esplanade Park 400 SW Second St., Fort Lauderdale, includes bounces houses, activities and costume parade for youngsters and pets. 954-828-7275, free
3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Fall Fest, Mills Pond Park, 2201 N.W. Ninth Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, wagon rides, games, crafts & other fun.
4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Halloween event, Croissant Park, 245 W. Park Drive, Fort Lauderdale. Family fun with games, contests & food. free
6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Hollyweird Holloween Block Party. Family-friendly 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. with trick or treating, entertainment, balloon twisting, face painting. Costume contest. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. entertainment & costume contest for grown-ups
Margate Fall Festival 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., sports facilities, 1695 Banks Road, Margate 33063, vendors, pumpkin decorating, costume contest, entertainment free entry, free parking
6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Booville, Pines Recreation Center, 7400 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines 33026. costume costume, rides, trick or treating, pumpkin patch photo op & entertainment. $2 per person, 954-392-2116
6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Trick or Treat Family Fun Night at Long Key Natural Area, for youngsters ages 3 to 10. Includes games, crafts and hike. 3501 SW 130th Avenue, Davie 33330, 954-357-8797. Reservations suggested. $5
6 p.m. to 12 p.m. Halloween themed ArtWalk in the Music and Arts district, 844 N.E Fourth Ave., Fort Lauderdale 33304
5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Trick-or-Treat at Secret Woods in Dania Beach for ages 2 and older. Walk on trails, enjoy the wildlife, with treats along the way. $5 per youngster. 954-357-8884