Delightful outdoor spaces are plentiful in South Florida. For walking, biking & rollerblading, lots of folks love Hollywood Beach Broadwalk.
Noteworthy features include Hollywood Beach Bandshell offering free live entertainment.
Hollywood Beach Broadwalk
Photo/Hollywood Florida CRA
The promenade runs along the Atlantic Ocean with the rolling surf and swaying palms on one side and shops, restaurants and inns on the other.
Description from Hollywood’s redevelopment agency.
“…Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, featuring a brick-lined pedestrian promenade that combines dramatic coastal views of award-winning Blue Wave beaches with the nostalgic feel of a Main Street thoroughfare. Hollywood’s oceanfront Broadwalk offers miles of car-free enjoyment. Walkers, runners, bicyclists and rollerbladers set their own pace on this path, which is bordered by six miles of Hollywood’s famous coastline, boutique hotels, charming shops, cafés and places to eat facing the ocean.”
Amenities & events
- Live entertainment at Hollywood Beach Bandshell @ Johnson Street, usually 7 -9 p.m. Wednesdays – Fridays, Read Hollywood Beach Bandshell offers Free Live Entertainment
- Vendors offering rentals for bikes, skates & surreys
- Charnow Park, 300 Connecticut Street, Hollywood 33319, 954-921-3375, description from Hollywood website “A beachfront park on the historic Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. Shaded seating area, picnic pavilions, playgrounds and a splash fountain for kids. Adjacent to six fully restored paddleball courts…”
Fees for parking apply. Parking information & information about shuttles and other transportation are online
The promenade stretch runs from Thomas Street to Jefferson Street & includes Johnson Street.
Live webcam of Hollywood Beach Broadwalk on Youtube
Information is online or 954-924-2936
Read Other Features
- Free & Inexpensive Things To Do This Weekend
- Ideas for outdoor fun in Broward, lots are free
- Outdoor Yoga & Exercise in South Florida