Water Taxi in Fort Lauderdale offers floating transportation on the Intracoastal Waterway and New River.
Some use the yellow vessels to travel from place to place, appreciating the luxury of avoiding traffic and parking. Water Taxis provide hop-on hop-off points for shopping, dining & sightseeing along its regular routes.
Or relax onboard and savor the scenery and narrated tours. Drinks are often for sale, including adult beverages on select routes. Narration includes “fun facts about all the gorgeous homes, yachts, and South Florida history,” the website states.
During the holiday season, Water Taxi offers Holiday Lights Tours. It’s quite popular, and tickets are on sale with a discount for early purchase.
Other discounts also are offered.
Water Taxi offers routes on the Intracoastal Waterway in Fort Lauderdale. Hollywood Express, which runs from Fort Lauderdale to Hollywood, is offered Thursdays – Sundays.
- $28 for ages 12 to 64
- $23 for age 65 and older and military
- $14 for ages 5 to 11, free for ages 4 and younger
For free rides on New River in Fort Lauderdale, read Free Water Trolley in Fort Lauderdale
Discounts for Water Taxi fares
- Happy Hour fares after 4 p.m. are $18 & drink deals are offered
- Group rates for at least 10 people, inquire by phone
- With your Water Taxi ticket, you’ll receive discounts at select restaurants, attractions and other participating businesses. Participating merchants are listed with each stop on the interactive map on Water Taxi website
Holiday Lights Tours
Holiday lights excursions are offered December 2 – January 2. Payment online is required. Adult fares are $30 until November 1, and then the price is $35. For kids 3 – 11, the price is $15. Order tickets online.
Information about Water Taxi and purchasing tickets is online or 954-467-6677
Read Other Features
- Boat rentals & boat fun in Broward — including discounts
- Things To Do This Weekend in South Florida
- Festivals & Fun events in South Florida