Raise your glass. Restaurants are offering deals for National Margarita Day.
The margarita, a cocktail made of tequila, triple sec and limes (sometimes lemons), is served in a cocktail glass with a salt rim. The iconic drink’s origins are murky, but the message of National Margarita Day is clear — designate a driver, enjoy the good times with friends and sip on lots of salty savings on February 22
Deals on National Margarita Day:
Note: Offers may vary or may not be offered in all locations. Please check with your local store locations to verify any deals
- Applebee’s Participating restaurants in South Florida offer $5 margaritas February 22, drinks feature 1800 Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier & Cointreau, participating Florida restaurants include Pembroke Pines, Tamarac, Royal Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Margate & others. For other drinks, participating Applebee’s restaurants offer Blue Raspberry Freeze and Tipsy Snowman for $5
- Bahama Breeze – Relax and feel the winds of boozy savings at the popular restaurant. Bahama Breeze is offering its Classic Margarita for just $5 on Feb. 22. If you want something more tropical, enjoy a premium margarita for a few more bucks, including its Mystic Margarita, Coconut-Pineapple Margarita and Dragon Fruit Margarita
- Chili’s – The restaurant is known for its monthly $5 margarita special. For February, Chili’s Margarita of the Month is the Grand Romance ‘Rita — made with premium ingredients, including Grand Marnier, Lunazul Tequila and Monin Pomegranate. The lovely margarita is available for just $5, all month long. Thirsty bargain hunters might consider combining the drink special with chain’s popular Meal For 2 deal — an appetizer, two (2) full-sized entrées and a dessert for just $25. Add a few drinks to the meal and you definitely have a frugal feast. Or swing by your local Chili’s to see if they are running any happy hours specials on margaritas; the deals vary by location
- Chuy’s – Pour on the savings at Chuy’s on Feb. 22. For an extra $2, upgrade any regular house or frozen margarita to a Grande and, even better, keep the commemorative cup. They’re also selling $1 floaters to top off your margarita with an extra pour of tequila. In addition, the chain is offering its limited-time Frozen Pineapple Jalapeño ‘Ritas — made with Dulce Vida Pineapple Jalapeño tequila, lime and pineapple juices. It’s the perfect blend of spicy and sweet to accompany one of the restaurant’s Tex-Mex dishes.
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop – It doesn’t get much better than tacos and margaritas — the perfect pairing! And National Margarita Day is a big deal at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop. The specials and selections for the boozy day vary by location.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville – If there’s any place on earth that should be celebrating National Margarita Day, it’s definitely Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville. Parrotheads and everyone else can enjoy the day in style at any of the chain’s locations. Among other drink and food specials, many are serving traditional margaritas for just $3.99 each. Events and specials vary by location. You can also enter to win a National Margarita Day prize package from the restaurant — a Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker and Margaritaville cookbook.http://www.margaritaville.com/entertowin
- Tijuana Taxi – Participating restaurants in South Florida feature $5 Margarita Mondays, website
Other national deals
- Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar – Enjoy a burger and booze on Feb. 22. Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar is celebrating National Margarita Day with a few drinks specials, including a Bad Ass Rocks Margarita* for just $4, as well as a Strawberry Habanero Margarita*, Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita* or Prickly Pear Margarita for $5. *There is a limit of two per customer.
- Mellow Mushroom – Mellow out on National Margarita Day. Mellow Mushroom offers three three versions of its classic RB Margarita, featuring premium ingredients, such as Casamigos Tequila and Bauchant Orange Liqueur, for an added richness and a house-made fresh agave sour. To celebrate the sweet ‘n salty day, the pizzeria is offering its customers a large cheese pizza for just $10 to pair with their favorite margarita.
- On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina – Celebrate National Margarita Day at the popular Mexican restaurant. On The Border is serving its 1800 Grande ‘Rita for just $5. Or imbibe one of its signature margaritas, including the Mango Tango, Blue Lagoon or Strawbrrrita.
If you’re staying in to celebrate? Enjoy a ‘Rita to-go, where locations allow.