Broward stores are offering special in-store shopping hours and special vehicle pick-up hours for seniors, in an effort to provide safer shopping experiences in an era of social distancing.
Other safer shopping options including online shopping with at-home deliveries and outside pick-ups, including some right from your own vehicle.
Many stores are reducing regular shopping hours, so refer to your favorite stores’ websites prior to venturing out.
Please return to this article. We’re adding information.
Subscribe to our free daily newsletter and don’t miss important updates on information you can use now.
Outdoor drive-up pickups for seniors
- Select Walmart stores offer direct-into-trunk pick-ups for people age 60 and older and others deemed at risk, and first responders 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Order on Walmart.com/grocery & use option for ‘At Risk Only.’ Read qualifications for using this on the website
Seniors in-store shopping opportunities include:
- Whole Foods: Shopping for ages 60 and older is available one hour before the store opens for the public, which is usually 8 a.m. Note, stores are revising their regular hours, so look up revised hours for your store on the Whole Foods website. The senior hour is one hour prior to the posted opening hour
- ALDI opens Tuesdays & Thursdays at 8:30 a.m., with first hour for vulnerable shoppers, including pregnant women & seniors
- Walgreens is offering shopping for seniors 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Tuesdays. On Tuesdays, Walgreens offers senior discount for ages 55 & older, which is 30 percent off regularly priced Walgreens brands and 20 percent off regularly priced national brands. Restrictions may apply.
- Target: Shopping for vulnerable guests, including seniors. is offered first hour on Wednesdays. Participating Target stores also offer Drive Up, in which your purchase is delivered to your vehicle in the parking lot. Deliveries are offered via Shipt & Target.com
Publix: Shopping for age 65 & older 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Tuesdays & Wednesdays, includes pharamacies
- Dollar General: Store officials are strongly encouraging first hour of each day reserved for seniors, and are asking other shoppers to wait and work around that reserved hour
- Costco offers shopping for age 60 and older, and people with physical disabilities 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, includes pharmacies
- Fresh Market: shopping for seniors and others at most risk 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Mondays to Fridays
- Walmart: senior shopping for ages 60 and older Tuesdays one hour prior to regular store opening, includes pharmacies & vision centers, valid March 24 to April 28, with lots of stores revising regular hours, please refer to store hours the day you are shopping
- Winn-Dixie seniors & others at-risk 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Mondays to Fridays
- Trader Joe’s is offering a separate line for seniors outdoors every day from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. for expedited entry, with a limited number of shoppers are permitted inside
Read Other Articles
- From home, download e-books & other digital resources from Broward libraries
- Restaurants & Stores offer free delivery & easy pick-ups
- Stores & Restaurants Offer Outdoor Pickups