Topeekeegee-Yugnee Park in Hollywood – or T-Y Park, as it’s known – is popular for a variety of outdoor activities. South Floridians love it because it’s a great spot for walking, running or skating on a shady path around a lake lined with oaks. It’s also a venue for festivals and entertainment.
To enjoy T-Y Park, at 3300 N. Park Road, a weekend park entry fee applies. Weekend and holiday fees are $1.50 for guests age 6 and older.
T-Y Park Insider Info
Park manager Jim Babb offers his perspective:
Q: Why do people enjoy walking and biking at your park?
A: “People love the huge live oaks that provide a cool shade canopy over much of the park. T.Y. Park has the feel of a neighborhood park, while providing the amenities of a large regional park,” Babb says. “The 2-mile walking path draws residents daily as they enjoy the opportunity to experience the scenic walk around the lake.”
Q: What are some features and amenities?
A: They include:
- Picnic areas
- Watercraft rentals on weekends
- 61-site RV campground
- Castaway Island water park (not open in winter)
- Playground and other amenities
Q: What types of wildlife reside at T.Y.?
A: “T-Y Park is home to squirrels, green parrots, box turtles, peacock bass, Egyptian geese, egrets, and ibises among many others,” Babb says.
Q: Where’s your favorite place?
“Sitting lakeside watching the fountain,” Babb says.
T-Y Park Information
- Entry to the park is free on weekdays.
- Weekends & holidays, fees are $1.50 per person for guests age 6 and older.
- T.Y. Park is at 3300 N. Park Road, Hollywood.
For more information, visit the Broward County Parks’ website or call 954-357-8811
- Festivals & Fun events in South Florida
- Things To Do This Weekend in South Florida
- Free & Inexpensive Outdoor Recreation in Broward