Topeekeegee Park in Hollywood, or TY Park, is popular for a wide variety of outdoor activities, including picnicking and walking, running or skating on a path around a lake lined with shady live oaks. Watercraft rentals are offered on weekends.
Park manager Jim Babb offered his perspective:
Why do people enjoy walking and biking at your park
“People love the huge live oaks that provide a cool shade canopy over much of the park. T.Y. Park has the feel of a neighborhood park, while providing the amenities of a large regional park,” Babb says. “The 2-mile walking path draws residents daily as they enjoy the opportunity to experience the scenic walk around the lake.”
What are some features and amenities
- Picnic areas
- watercraft rentals on weekends
- 61-site RV campground
- lagoon and slides at Castaway Island water park — not open until further notice
- playground & other amenities — not open until further notice
What types of wildlife reside in the park
“T.Y. Park is home to squirrels, green parrots, box turtles, peacock bass, Egyptian geese, egrets, and ibises among many others,” Babb says.
Where’s your favorite place
“Sitting lakeside watching the fountain,” Babb says.
TY Park Information
- Entry to the park is free on week days
- Weekends & holidays, fees are $1.50 per person for ages 6 and older
- TY Park is at 3300 N. Park Road, Hollywood 33021, 954-357-8811
Other information is on Broward County Parks website .
Enjoy other Posts
- Festivals & Fun events in South Florida
- Things To Do This Weekend in South Florida
- Free & Inexpensive Outdoor Recreation in Broward