Water Parks are not usually open in winter
Swim, splash and slide. For refreshing wet fun, several regional parks in Broward offer waterparks and water playgrounds with relatively inexpensive entry fees. Some offer discounts after 3 p.m.
Some towns and parks offer public pools, with occasional fun events.
Water Parks & Water Playgrounds
Different parks offer different amenities. Most offer interactive water playgrounds. A pool is at one park, and water slides and tube ride is at another. Schedules of when Broward water parks and water playgrounds are open vary. Information about when different parks are open is online.
- Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park, 3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill 33311, 954-357-5400
- Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach 33442, 954-357-5100
- Paradise Cove, 900 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines 33028, 954-357-5170
- Castaway Island at T.Y./Topeekeegee Yugnee Park 3300 N. Park Road., Hollywood 33021, 954-357-8811
- All have water playgrounds, a shallow one for younger children a slightly deeper one for others
- Paradise Cove in Pembroke Pines features four waterslides, which make up Paradise Pipeline
- Paradise Cove offers a tube ride, Crazy Creek
- Castaway Island at TY Park in Hollywood features a swimming pool with a waterfall at the deeper end
- Castaway Island at TY Park in Hollywood and Tropical Splash @ Central Broward Park include marinas with boat rentals
- All offer rentals of Funbrellas, 20-foot-diameter umbrellas with picnic tables and chairs
- All feature concession facilities
Water park fees are different at different parks, ranging from $5.60 per session to $12.39 for an entire day. Some water parks offer discounts after 3 p.m. on eligible days.
- Splash Adventure, $6 for a full day, about $4.25 after 3 p.m.
- Castaway Island, $9.50 or $5.75 after 3 p.m.
- Paradise Cove, $12.30 or $8 after 3 p.m.
- Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park, $6 per session, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. to 5:20 p.m.
Information about the various fees is online. These water parks are inside regional parks. Regional parks are usually free to enter on week days, and $1.50 for ages 6 and older on weekends and holidays. Those weekend and holiday entry fees are in addition to water park fees.
Information about water parks is online.
The prices for season tickets are $45 to $87.50 for individuals and $135 to $395 for families. Information is on the website. Different price points offer access to different water parks.
The parks offer rentals of 20-foot-diameter Funbrellas, which accommodate parties of up to 30 people. Rentals are $35 on weekdays and $75 on weekends and holidays.
Other Water Playgrounds
- Dog Park with Water Features at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield
- Fun for youngsters at Splash Pad in Wilton Manors
Enjoy Other Posts
- Free things to do & deals this weekend in Broward
- 16 Kids eat free deals in Broward
- Festivals & events
- Waterworks 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 4, includes inflatable slides, photo station with mermaids, misting play for youngsters, water balloons, public pool in park at 901 NW 10th St., Pompano, free
- Water safety event in Tamarac, May 18, free
- Summer Luau Splash Bash, noon to 3 p.m. June 9, includes music and fun activities, Caporella Aquatic Center, 9300 NW 58rd Street, Tamarac, $4.50 for ages 17 & younger, $5 adults, 954-597-3620
- Splash Your Way to Water Safety, June 15, includes swim safety activities & entertainment, Castaway Island at T.Y./Topeekeegee Yugnee Park 3300 N. Park Road., Hollywood 33021, 954-357-8811, weekend entry fees for park may apply
- Davie Independence Day Fun Day, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, Pool at Pine Island Park, 3801 S. Pine Island Road, free entry, 954-327-3927
- Patriotic Splash Swim Party 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. July 4, includes swimming, music, arts & crafts for youngsters, cash required for concessions, Caporella Aquatic Center, 9300 NW 58rd Street, Tamarac, $4.50 for ages 17 & younger, $5 adults, 954-597-3620
- Margate Pool Party @ Calypso Cove, 6200 Royal Palm Blvd., 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., $4 for residents and $7 for non-residents
- Mermaid & Pirate Splash 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. August 3, Caporella Aquatic Center, 9300 NW 58rd Street, Tamarac, $4.50 for ages 17 & younger, $5 adults, 954-597-3620
- Splash in Space at Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., includes June 7, June 21, July 5, July 19, August 2, includes splash fun in water park, activities, movie, bounce house, pre-registration and payment required, $6.50 per person for 13 months and older, younger toddlers enter for free, 954-357-5100
- Back To School Splash 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. August 17, Caporella Aquatic Center, 9300 NW 58rd Street, Tamarac, $4.50 for ages 17 & younger, $5 adults, 954-597-3620, includes music, games & goody bags for first 60 children 5 to 14