Swim, splash and slide. For refreshing wet fun, several regional parks in Broward offer waterparks and water playgrounds with relatively inexpensive entry fees. Some offer discounts after 3 p.m.
Some towns offer public pools, with occasional fun events.
- Waterworks 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 4, includes inflatable slides, photo station with mermaids, misting play for youngsters, water balloons, public pool in park at 901 NW 10th St., Pompano, free
- Water safety event in Tamarac, May 18, free
Schedules of when Broward water parks are open vary. In April & May, water parks are typically open only on weekends. Information about when different parks are open is online. Different parks offer different amenities. Some include interactive water playgrounds, a pool and water slides.
- Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park, 3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill 33311, 954-357-5400
- Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Road., Deerfield Beach 33442, 954-357-5100
- Paradise Cove, 900 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines 33028, 954-357-5170
- Castaway Island at T.Y./Topeekeegee Yugnee Park 3300 N. Park Road., Hollywood 33021, 954-357-8811
Water park fees are different at different parks, ranging from from $5.60 per session to $11.49 for an entire day. Some water parks offer discounts after 3 p.m. on elible days.
- Splash Adventure, $4.11 after 3 p.m.
- Castaway Island, $5.25 after 3 p.m.
- Paradise Cove., $7.47 after 3 p.m.
Information about the various fees is online. These water parks are inside regional parks. Regional parks are usually free to enter on week days, and $1.50 for ages 6 and older on weekends and holidays. Those weekend and holiday entry fees are in addition to water park fees.
Information about water parks is online.
The prices for season tickets are $45 to $87.50 for individuals and $135 to $395 for families. Information is on the website. Different price points offer access to different water parks.
The parks offer rentals of 20-foot-diameter Funbrellas, which accommodate parties of up to 30 people. Rentals are $35 on weekdays and $75 on weekends and holidays.
- Free things to do & deals this weekend in Broward
- 16 Kids eat free deals in Broward
- Free & inexpensive fun and deals for Spring Break