Swim, splash and slide. For refreshing wet fun, several regional parks in Broward offer water parks and water playgrounds with relatively inexpensive entry fees.
Water parks, which are open April to August and weekends in September, include
- Tropical Splash at Central Broward Regional Park & Sta dium, 3700 N.W. 11th Place, Lauderhill 33311, 954-357-5400
- Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park , 401 S. Powerline Road., Deerfield Beach 33442, 954-357-5100
- Paradise Cove, 900 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines 33028, 954-357-5100
- Castaway Island at T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park 3300 N. Park Road., Hollywood 33021, 954-357-8811
Entry fees to waterparks are
- Castaway Island – $8.50 for entire day, $5.25 after 3 p.m.
- Paradise Cove – $10 for entire day, $6.75 after 3 p.m.
- Splash Adventure & Tropical Splash – $5.25 per half-day session
For these prices, sales tax is extra. In addition to water park fees, weekend and holiday entry fees to the Broward Park where the water park is located are additional. Weekend fees are $1.50 per person for ages 6 and older.
A season ticket for Broward water parks is regarded as economical if attending water parks on at least nine occasions. The prices for season tickets are $40 to $76 for individuals and $120 to $342 for families. Information is on the website.
The parks offer rentals of 20-foot-diameter Funbrellas, which accommodate parties of up to 30 people. Rentals are $35 on weekdays and $75 on weekends and holidays.
- Superhero Splash Bashes Superhero-themed family nights July 7, July 21, August 4 and August 11, 6 to 10 p.m., at Splash Adventure in Deerfield Beach. The fee is $6 per person and sales tax. Includes splash time, games, a movie, and more. Refreshments available for purchase. Preregistration is required.
- Splashtacular Family Fridays Themed activities July 7, July 21, August 4 and August 11, 6 to 8 p.m. at Castaway Island in Hollywood. The fee is $7 per person and sales tax for ages 13 months and up. Includes games, music, and more.
- Free things to do & deals this weekend in Broward
- Free summer fun & deals for kids & families in Broward
- 16 Kids eat free deals in Broward
Quiet Waters Park