Westfield Broward in Plantation is offering fresh attractions.
New museums inside Westfield Broward mall include
Young At Art Museum (opening January 16 — Postponed until further notice)
Description from representatives: “Pop-up incorporates a go-at-your-own-pace museum featuring never seen before, state-of-the-art installations, coupled with YAA members’ favorite exhibitions from the past. Visitors will teleport into 13 experimental maximalist exhibitions that can all be documented through a mirror selfie. All exhibitions will feature art projects and educational lessons accompanied with common core standards.”
- Entry fee is $10
- As of January 16, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sundays -Thursdays & 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Fridays -Saturdays
- venue is around LensCrafters at northwest entrance of Westfield Broward.
Island Space Caribbean Museum
Description from representatives: “The Island SPACE Caribbean Museum pop-up will tell the story of the Caribbean from indigenous people, the colonial period, emancipation, to independence when the islands developed their own cultures. The museum will feature sections and displays featuring arts and entertainment such as rumba, reggaeton, calypso, soca, TV, literature, and sports. Additional sections will explore notable expatriates and people of Caribbean heritage Located at the northeast main entrance of Westfield Broward.”
- outside entrance @ next to main mall northeast entrance with fountain
- $10 for adults, $5 for ages 12 & younger
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays & 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Sundays
Westfield Broward, 8000 W. Broward Boulevard, Plantation 33388
Read Other Features