South Florida usually offers perfect weather to venture out. If you're out and about December 25, festive light displays, restaurants, free live entertainment, and places to play and shop are open.
Please return to this feature as other information is added for Miami-Dade, Broward and greater Palm Beach.
If you want to recommend a venue that's open, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy holidays!
Things to do Christmas Day 2023 in South Florida
Swap Shop flea market offers indoor and outdoor vendor areas. The venue includes a Ferrari museum. Swap Shop, 954-791-7927, is at 3291 W. Sunrise Boulevard, Lauderhill. Parking fees likely apply
Festival Marketplace, an indoor marketplace with about 250 vendors at 2900 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach is open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. December 25; 954-979-4555
Entertainment & Fun
Live entertainment 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. December 25 at The Square, 700 S. Rosemary Avenue, West Palm Beach. The Square also features a holiday light show and snowfall :30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. ; parking fees range from free to $12, with rates usually $5 or $6. Feature: Holiday snowfalls & lights at The Square in West Palm
“Holiday Joy” is 5 p.m., December 25, with free entry at Lummus Park, between 14th Street and 14th Place, Miami Beach. Young performers from Miami Beach Classical Music Festival (MMF)eperform songs from Handel's “Messiah.” Bring a blanket or beach chair. Information is on the website.
Movie theaters, phone or browse online to verify
Bowling lanes, phone or browse online to verify
Tri-Rail offers $5 all-day rates holidays and weekends. The railroad runs in Miami-Dade, Broward and greater Palm Beach. Information about Tri-Rail, including routes and shuttles to and from stations, 954-783-6030 or 800-874-7245
Attractions in Broward
Free Symphony In Lights is an outdoor holiday display with lights dancing to favorite holiday music at Gulfstream Park Village in Hallandale Beach. Shows are usually 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. on the hour, 901 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach 33009. Free entry and free parking.
Xtreme Action Park, indoor arcade and recreation venue, is open 10 a.m. to 12 a.m., 954-491-6265, 5300 Powerline Road, Fort Lauderdale 33309. Xtreme Action Park
Dancing to holiday tunes in a snowfall is offered 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. at Dania Pointe, 139 S. Compass Way, Dania Beach 33004, website. Entry is free. Feature: Snow flurries & snowman at Dania Pointe Plaza
Museum of Discovery & Science in Fort Lauderdale is open 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., 401 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale 33312. Regular entry fees for non-members include $22 for ages 2-12, $27 for adults, and $25 for seniors. For military, it's $24.
Discounts for South Florida residents
$3 off regular prices for South Florida residents. For kids, $19 with discount, adults, $24 with discount, and $22 for seniors with discount, with Broward, Palm & Dade identification. Purchase tickets online.
Holiday Fantasy of Lights drive-thru display in Coconut Creek. Regular rates on site are $24 per vehicle and $45 for bus or vehicle with at least 12 people. It’s $2 if you want Special Effects glasses. For tickets purchased online, you’ll pay an extra fee of $2. For a $4 off voucher, register for emails.
Christmas at Oasis Church offers a drive-thru holiday display 6 p.m. 10 p.m. December 25 at 12201 SW 14th St, Pembroke Pines; 954-433-4838; it's a free attraction, with donations accepted
Attractions in Palm Beach
Exciting holiday display in Delray Beach with a lighted & decorated 100-foot tree; free carousel rides 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. December 24 & 25 at Old School Square, 51 N. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach; 561-243-7250, website. Feature: Delray displays 100-ft tree with ice skating, Santa and more
West Palm Beach
Sandi is among South Florida's distinctive holiday attractions. It's a sand sculpture tree that stands about 35 feet tall. Sandi and a dancing fountain are featured in light, projection and music shows on the quarter hour from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. Entry is free for spectators. Festivities are at 127 Clematis St., West Palm Beach. The attraction includes a Ferris wheel. Rides, usually offered 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., are $5 or $20 for unlimited rides per night, fees and taxes are extra. Feature: West Palm Beach’s ‘Holiday in Paradise’ dazzles
Attractions in Miami-Dade
Pinecrest Gardens Nights of Lights is open from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. December 25; entry is $20 for adults and $15 for age 17 and younger Parking is free, 305-669-6990
Magic of Lights Homestead at Homestead Speedway, 1 Ralph Sanchez Speedway Blvd., is a holiday drive-thru experience set for 6-10 p.m.; standard vehicle pricing is $25; 866-409-7223
Frost Science Museum , at 1101 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. December 25; 305-434-9600, website
Zoo Miami, 12400 SW 152nd St., is open 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. December 25; 305-255-5551; website
Nature & Parks
- Florida State Parks entry fees for state parks usually $2-$10 per person or per vehicle
- StoryWalk featuring pages from a storybook displayed along a nature path @ Pondhawk Natural Area, west of Spanish River Library, 1501 Spanish River Boulevard, Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Parks are open; lots with free entry and free parking
- Miami-Dade Parks are open, with a few exceptions
- Boca Raton parks are open, some amenities & activities are not open
- Delray Beach parks are open
- Riverwalk in Fort Lauderdale is ideal for waterfront walks it's lit up for the holidays
- Hollywood Broadwalk runs oceanside, a popular venue for walking, skating and live entertainment
- Other local municipal parks and natural areas may be open, but please verify with your city department
Entertainment from home
- Winterfest Boat Parade in Fort Lauderdale on TV, including 11 a.m. December 25 and 12 a.m. January 1 on WSVN 7, information online
- Download free digital movies, e-books and music, plus other online resources, from Broward County libraries, or other libraries you're affiliated with
- Museum of Discovery & Science in Fort Lauderdale offers videos on YouTube and other social media
- Live webcams at Broward County beaches
- Webcams at Palm Beach County beaches
- Webcams in Miami-Dade County
- Manatee webcam from Manatee Lagoon in West Palm Beach